MELT DOWN!!!!

Options
I DON'T GET IT ANYMORE! I AM EXERCISING EATING RIGHT DOING EVERYTHING I AM SUPPOSE TO AND I DIDNT REACH MY GOAL TODAY! I WAS SUPPOSE TO WEIGH 150 BUT I WEIGH 156!!! THAT IS A BIG DIFFERENCE!!!! I DONT EVEN WANT TO TRY ANYMORE! WHAT IS THE POINT?!?!?! WHEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR I JUST SEE THE SAME BIG FAT BODY WITH STRETCH MARKS AND FLAB BAH!!! WHERE IS MY HARD WORK GOING????

ARE MY EXPECTATIONS TO HIGH? AM I DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT? I JUST WANT TO BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND ATTRACTIVE GIRL THAT CAN PUT A BIKINI ON BY NOVEMBER 21!!! IS THAT REALLY TO MUCH TO ASK?

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Well, as I don't know your goals or what exactly you are doing to reach them I can't really say whether your expectations are too high. A safe goal is 1-2 pounds a week. That's the way to have a healthy life.

Do you feel better? Have you been checking your measurements as well as the scale? Lately it seems that I will see more of a difference in inches lost than in actual weight lost.

Whatever you do--don't give up! This is a lifestyle change, not a temporary quick fix. Here are some threads for you to check out. LOTS of really good information in them.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10665-newbies-please-read-me-2nd-edition

Hang in there! You deserve to be healthy!
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You can put goals in place, and work toward them, but your body didn't get the message. It's doing what it needs to do, not what you want it to do! If you keep plodding along and doing all you can. Keep getting back to it when you slip. One of these days (you can't put a schedule on it) you will see results begin to happen. Our bodies aren't designed to loose. It wants to protect us against famine!

It will happen. Just not always when we want it to! Keep going for the long haul. This kind of thing takes a lot of patience!

It will happen. It will happen.
  • freya1948
    Options
    I doubt yu are ugly, just because you havent lost 6 lbs. And believe me, when I tell you, that what you see in the mirror is quite different from what others see. I lost a lot of weight, though I dont see it, I still look at me and see the 270 lbs woman I used to be, only that I am now 170 lbs....
    Next, true beauty is more than just a skinny body... now there is no pic of you, but you dont sound like you are fat or obese or even large... so maybe you should love yourself for who you are first, and I am almost sure the pounds will come off then.
    Oh and dont forget, eating to little puts your body into starvation mode, which can stop you from loosing weight.
    So, heads up beautiful...tomorrow is another day!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I do not understand how you joined three days ago, have already lost 7 pounds, and expected to lose another 6 more. Did you set up your account with what you had already lost prior to joining? Weight loss takes time, as the previous poster said, 1 - 2 pounds per week is healthy. The biggest thing that has worked for me has been making healthier choices, staying within my daily calorie goals, and trying to eat ALL of my exercise calories. I am projected to lose .8 pounds per week because I am already down to 1200 calories a day. In the first 3 or 4 months, I lost an average of 5 pounds per month. Since then it has been up and down, but overall, I had lost 27 pounds in 6 months. I beat my goal, changed my goal, and beat that goal as well. You can do it. Just take it one day at a time. Watch your sodium and make sure you are drinking all of your water. :flowerforyou:
  • chefdebrot
    Options
    Stay tough, remember this is not a diet...it is a lifestyle change and change comes slowly, but if you want to keep the weight off, it needs to be slow and steady. You can do this, we can all do this. Don't give up.
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    sorry you are upset. but you need to calm down and realistically consider the goals you've set for yourself. What you're trying to do is admirable, but your weight gain didn't happen overnight and there is no magic wand that will get it off in a few weeks. You are blessed with children and have lost 7 lbs so far. That is a great job! You need to realize you've accomplished quite a bit with that.

How much water are you drinking? are you tracking your sodium levels so you don't retain extra fluid? do you allow for the temp gain during TOM? what type diet are you doing? low carb, low glycemic? how much and what kinds of exercise for strength and cadio do you do?

You need to make gradual adjustments as you discover what works for you, do them so they become habitual, make a few more tweaks and keep going. Wanting to live healthier is admirable and a great example to your kids. But you are in a marathon, not a sprint. There is no drive-thru weight loss altho there are websites and ads that would like you to think so and spend $$ on them.
    Do you have a nutritionist you can talk to about portions? Have you gotten all the junk food out of the house?

You can lose weight and inches by November, but it's not going to be all of it. You need to plan this out. That is your first goal, the next loss can be your Xmas present, etc. You also have to plan ahead for after you do reach goal, then what? How are you going to maintain it?

All of us on this site have bad days, personal tragedies and meltdowns. It's allowed. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just stay focused, renew your determination, get mad and go for a walk and stomp it off--whatever works. But do forgive yourself if you miss a particular goal--it happens to all of us--because you are trying your best.

God bless and good luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • 0cassandra0
    Options
    THANK YOU!

I am thankful to hear from you all. I had an emotional weekend and this was icing on the cake. I did post the prior weeks weight loss. My diet is of portion control and more vegetables and fruits. I thought that if maybe I exercised a lot i would loose weight faster. I am running an hour and adding slim in 6 in the morning and at night i just do the slim in 6. Doesnt it make sense that if you were to work out a lot you would loose a lot of weight? hmm i dont know. i thank you all very much for all your posts. good luck to all
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I have a melt down every single month. Then you wake up and try again. That's how it works! It does work. Keep at it!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    she's gone. deactivated her account.
  • pmjsmom
    Options

AFTER sending me a friend request! Go figure!
  • pmjsmom
    Options

AFTER sending me a friend request! Go figure!:ohwell: