Zumba Headache

Options
Tried Zumba for the first time last night and about 2 hrs later had an awful headache. Ended up drinking some juice and eating some protein in case it was related to low blood sugar. Anyone else had this? Ideas? Suggestions? Maybe I shook a vertebrae out of place? :)

Replies

• zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Did you have water before and during the zumba class? Could be that you were dehydrated; that can cause headaches.
  • fitkate80
    fitkate80 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, I doubt it was dehydration. I walk around with a water bottle all day. I drink at least 72 oz. during the day then drank another during the 1 hr workout. And another after. :-/ I have had a whiplash injury before though which caused headaches so I was thinking maybe it was that? 2 advil this morning cured it.
  • zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes, sounds like you had more than enough water. I suppose it's possible that a particular movement might have triggered something related to your old injury.
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Tried Zumba for the first time last night and about 2 hrs later had an awful headache. Ended up drinking some juice and eating some protein in case it was related to low blood sugar. Anyone else had this? Ideas? Suggestions? Maybe I shook a vertebrae out of place? :)

It was probably all that terrible music!

JK JK :)

If it keeps up, maybe mention it to a doctor.
  • fitkate80
    fitkate80 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

It was probably all that terrible music!

JK JK :)

If it keeps up, maybe mention it to a doctor.

Hahahaha!! Thanks to you both. I'm going to try again maybe do the lower impact version. Hopefully next time will go better headache wiser. :) now if only I had some rhythm :)