Low cal pasta?

Options
Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
Is there such a thing? I LOVE pasta!! But its so high in calories!! Anyone know? If there is what brands? (That I can get here up in Canada haha)

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Options
    Is there such a thing? I LOVE pasta!! But its so high in calories!! Anyone know? If there is what brands? (That I can get here up in Canada haha)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    found on calorie-count.com:

"Have you tried Shirataki noodles? Only 40 calories for the WHOLE package of noodles!!!!!! Just be sure to boil them and drain them REALLY well. Then add a wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese and some fat free sour cream. I got this recipe from hungrygirl.com. You should definetly check out that site for similar noodle recipes.... EXTREMELY low cal!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

followed by:
    "I love these!! I'm in Canada... You have to order them online [try Amazon or Heavenly Diet Store]. Pizza sauce + Meatless meatballs + Shirataki noodles = <3"

Also, ever tried spaghetti squash? My mom's done it before. Heard good things about it, but never tried it personally.

And finally, this website: http://www.fibergourmet.com/pasta.aspx
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Thank you so much!! Yeah Ive had spaghetti squash many many times. My mom loves it! She cooked it for us a lot... I should get some. I just miss spaghetti so much and lasagna!! mmmmm I was craving that so bad last night!! I LOVE laughing cow CHEESE!! mmmmmm man im hungry thank goodness its almost lunch time!!

I will be sure to check that all out!! Thanks!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    I'm goin to check that out too! Sounds so yummy!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I use Dreamfield Pasta--it's not "low calorie" but does have something special about it that makes most of the carbs in it unusable by the body. Since I'm diabetic, this is the only kind of pasta I can eat.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Cool, I will check it out!
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    Maybe a stupid question, but do you have to make spagetti squash or can you buy it already made? I wanna try it!
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I was able to find this about spaghetti squash, how to buy it and cook it...
    http://www.fabulousfoods.com/features/featuring/spagsquash.html
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Tofu Shirataki Noodles are great and extremely low in calories. You really have to RINSE AND DRAIN THEM VERY WELL!!!! They come packed in water so do not take a shortcut on this step or they are disgusting. I put them in a collender and rinse them well, let them drain and blot them with paper towels. Then I microwave them for 1 minute and put them in a recipe. You can find many receipes from Hungry Girl.
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Maybe a stupid question, but do you have to make spagetti squash or can you buy it already made? I wanna try it!

What my mom did with it was top it with hamburger, spaghetti sauce and cheese. it was really good! Oh and then she baked it in the oven until it was soft and cooked