Quick question for ladies!

Options
Hi girls, I have a short question.

Do you bloat ALL over when on your period? Or is it typically just your tummy?

My fitbit flex band is on the same notch its been on all week and it is digging in something fierce today. The red lady is due tomorrow but I can honestly say I've never even noticed a bloat since I got my period aged 11. I'm down a few lbs this week so I know its not actual gain.

Totally surprised that when you actually take NOTICE of your body, you see all of these changes you never thought about before!

( Put this in general forum as chit chat is a lot quieter )

Replies

• emilyisbonkers
    emilyisbonkers Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    could be water rentention maybe.. i have no idea, but i know i bloated a lot when starting birth control so maybe its a hormonal thing
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    could be water rentention maybe.. i have no idea, but i know i bloated a lot when starting birth control so maybe its a hormonal thing

Most likely, thanks!

Looked online but only seen articles regarding stomach bloating so I guess we're all different.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I never even noticed if I was bloated or gained weight until I started caring about my body, just like you. But yes, ALL my clothes are tighter and this month I weighed myself the day before my period and then the day after it ended. The first day I was 6 pounds heavier and after my period I was right back where I started.
  • schonsdragon
    schonsdragon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I bloat all over though the worst area is my stomach. I really have to watch my sodioum intake during this time of then month or it gets worse for me.
  • punkinkat
    punkinkat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I feel like I puff up all over when it's my TOM. Even my eyes seem pillowy! I will say that I notice less bloating (and all the other rotten symptoms) after having an IUD installed.

I really can't say enough good things about my Mirena; it hurt like a mutha going in, but the pain was short-lived and well worth it for me. Now, I barely get a period at all, and don't have to worry about replacement for 5 years!
  • marisbowen
    Options
    This year I noticed the bloating in the tummy area.

I've also read to little or to much salt can cause additional bloating.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    ugh... I bloat from head to toe... I look like the freakin marshmallow man.... Hate it!!!!!:grumble:
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    All over. It sucks; I look like I've gained 15 pounds.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I used to not even notice the bloat. That was until a few weeks ago when I skyrocketed 3 inches in my waist. Lost it immediately when it was over (and obviously I was working out the whole time) but that 3 inches horrified me! I also feel as though I get it in my face as well during the dreaded week. And that's being on birth control! Imagine without it! I wouldn't be concerned :) It'll go away as soon as it came!
  • joannadalina
    joannadalina Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Mostly my stomach, but sometimes my fingers bloat too (my rings feel a bit snug). But always goes away with the lady :)
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I have never really noticed it too much. I guess I don't where anything super tight on a daily basic also I don't have regular periods anyway. But I did still notice those period like symptoms about once a month. I would just go with and keep doing what you are doing And maybe make the belt a little bigger for the time being :)
  • wannab3skinny
    Options
    I don't bloat, I actually lose on my period. Weird I guess o.0