EATING WAY WAY WAY too much

Options
:noway: I do it, sometimes I go on a bender, who doesn't? Yesterday (saturday) was mine and I won't look at the scale until maybe Wednesday. I will go low carb till then....just lean protein and veggies with a focus on veggies. The recovery seems to work for me. Anyone else? Is it possible that eating way way way too much, say every month, might actually be okay?

Replies

• smacaulay
    smacaulay Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing - I don't look at the scale for about 2 days and eat about 1300 calories a day - that seems to get me back where I was - however; you don't lose as fast as you would if you just kept at it. Sometimes, I think everyone needs a break!
  • mandyfaith
    Options
    That's funny because I had a really bad weekend, so im doing low carb for a week starting today. :)
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I always face the scale on the same day, same time, regardless of what I've eaten.
    If I don't, the excuses start to pile up and soemthing as simple as a headache seems like a reasonable
    excuse to avoid the scale.

That said, I don't try and manipulate my weigh in, in anyway.
    I usually just accept my "bad" day for what it is and move on.
    I don't enjoy beating myself up, then trying to scramble to make it right.
    For me, it's too counterproductive.

Instead of having an overall bad day, I prefer to indulge (without binging) occasionally.
    It keeps my diet "sane" and I'm a happy person as a result.

Good luck!
  • lmpopz
    lmpopz Posts: 8
    Options
    I always face the scale on the same day, same time, regardless of what I've eaten.
    If I don't, the excuses start to pile up and soemthing as simple as a headache seems like a reasonable
    excuse to avoid the scale.

That said, I don't try and manipulate my weigh in, in anyway.
    I usually just accept my "bad" day for what it is and move on.
    I don't enjoy beating myself up, then trying to scramble to make it right.
    For me, it's too counterproductive.

Instead of having an overall bad day, I prefer to indulge (without binging) occasionally.
    It keeps my diet "sane" and I'm a happy person as a result.

Good luck!

Well said!
  • ecoPeep
    ecoPeep Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks to all. Still, I admit, I cannot bear the idea of looking at the scale for a few days. I know what it will say. I agree, it's just a number, but still....thanks everyone for the input!!:smile:
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I don't eat too much, but once a week I have a cheat, reward day. Saturday is my day and we went to Red Robin. YUUUM! They are naturally low in calories, for a restaurant! I still watch my calories though regardless of my reward food. I got a grilled chicken sandwich there with melon wedges in replace of the fries.
  • ambie1983
    Options
    Most people say it's ok to cheat once a week. As long as you eat well the other days.