Half Marathon cowtown Forth Worth Febuary 27, 2010

Options
Hey everyone I am needing a goal for myself to help push me to loose weight and I think I have found it. The Half Marathon cowtown Forth Worth Febuary 27, 2010. I am going to start traingin for this starting this week. Anyone who would like to join the group and either share experience or maybe even train together let me know. Also any people in the are who would like to run it with me just let me know too. I havent really ran in about 5 years, when I got out of the Marine corps but I know I can do it, even if I have to walk a little. ANyone intrested in this add me as a friend and let me know. Thanks

Seth

Replies

• menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I live in downtown Fort Worth, so I am definitely up for running! I am training for the San Antonio Half Marathon right now and I am thinking of running the 10K for the Cow town event. Send me a message! I don't run fast at all!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I've got a 10K coming up and will start training for a 1/2 in April. I ramble about it all the time. Feel free to friend me if you want! :)
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    AWEsome! That's my birthday!

I was thinking about doing a half marathon for my b-day somewhere in Oregon.

Good luck!!! :-)
  • jedicoffeemaster9457
    Options
    Thanks
  • jedicoffeemaster9457
    Options
    I hadn't heard of the Disney Half Marathon, and now I might do the one in 2012 too. :)
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first half marathon yesterday and my words of wisdom are to either join a training team, or follow one of their schedules. And give yourself 6 months to train, if you're not already running (I trained in 3 1/2, but was already running 10K's)

I'm not a team type of person, but I was able to get a hold of one of their running schedules and stuck to it. In my opinion, it made all the difference in the world.

Good luck to you!

I think my second 1/2 will be the San Diego Rock and Roll.