Tell me your favorite DVD workouts!!

Options
Hey everyone!
I LOVE doing home DVD workouts at nights when my son goes to bed, and if I get my butt in gear in the morning before my family is up I love doing a short DVD then too! I have a young son and am not able to get to the gym for regular classes, but am very fortunate to be able to do Aqua fitness once a week and Zumba with a live instructor once a week!
But for the most part, I work-out in my basement with my bottle of water, determination and a smile!!
I love Turbo Jam and the Zumba DVD's. I like to change it up with the Prevention DVD and when I am feeling STRONG I put that one in!
So what do you like about your DVD workouts and what ones did you LOVE??
What is you favorite move??
I have a lot of mom friends and I started a work-out night once a week. We would all bring our DVD's and we would pick one to do each night. We found ones that we loved and ones that we won't do again!
So tell me your favorites and why!!

Replies

• rolemodel69
    Options
    Body beast cause i just like lifting weights. My favorite dvd in the program? Build Chest/triceps.

After those workouts, your muscles are really pump they really get your heart rate up.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Turbo jam or turbo fire, the music and trainer motivate you to move. I love to kick and dance so it is a perfect combo plus I burn serious calories doing them and have amazing energy throughout my day.
  • incendiumx
    incendiumx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I confess i have not done many, but i am loving (and simultaneously hating) P90X :)
  • eminenima
    Options
    I had a look at p90x last year. In the shape I was in then (even now) it was too ballistic for me. If I tried one of those I would have been broken enough to wash down the drain in my post workout shower.

Now I don't go for UFC but it was probably a good thing that I didn't know that the guy who endorses Rushfit is one of those guys. I picked up the set, and can do most of the workout. Georges St. Pierre does the workout with you, and sometimes he struggles harder at some of the routines than I do. He's humble, which I find a welcome change from the reality tv skank that my wife picked up last year (the 'shred')

I have to modify a few moves, particularly where I would have to put a lot of weight on my knees. (going to get a yoga mat or whatever so that won't be a problem for long) I've been following the Rushfit schedule since September 27th. Today is day 20 for me and I'm down 13 lbs as of this morning.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i'm a fan of jillian michaels. right now i'm doing 30 day shred
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of most all of the Beachbody programs, right now I am doing Focus T25 with Shaun T, and on my last week of the Gamma phase, having completed 14 weeks total. Turbojam and Turbofire are also very fun, and the trainer Chalene Johnson is great. She has another program called Chalean Extreme which is a weight based program that I got great results with as well.

I have several Jillian DVDs although I must say she is not my utmost favorite.

My favorite trainer is Jessica Smith (check her out at jessicasmithtv.com). She has TONS of free YouTube workouts on her website, which range anywhere from cardio, to HiiT to strength, pilates and Yoga. I own EVERY SINGLE ONE of her workouts DVDs. I really like her newest two, Walking for Weightloss and Wellness and Total Body Balance (collagevideo.com has free previews). She also has a kickboxing workout she did with her husband Guillermo Gomez that I really enjoy too. Her YouTube workouts are just as good as her produced DVDs although she does them in her home, so they are not nearly as flashy. I would recommend her to anyone. She has workouts for any level of fitness.

Jessica is my standby in my library of over 250 workout DVDs.
  • Jrunner
    Jrunner Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for a good one. My schedule has changed so now I need to workout at home and I don't have any fancy machines. I can't get a good workout with P-90X because the pylometrics are not good for my naughty misbehaving knee! Back in the day I loved Tae-Bo but my VCR doesn't work anymore. I was thinking of getting Shaun T's Hip Hop abs. I also love to dance and I love the kick boxing. What do you recommend? I need to burn like 5000 calories an hour, LOL!
  • EricRazorbacks
    EricRazorbacks Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I loved p90x - did 2 rounds. Did a round of p90x2. It was pretty good, but other than the yoga, I enjoyed p90x more. I lost 30+ pounds doing it. I have a few more lbs of fat to go and I am trying to get my diet in check to finish them off.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Ive had tons in my collection the ones i have right now are
    Buttbible (currently on week 5)
    30 Day Shred ( completed 60days)
    Personal training with Jackie warner (my fave! No cardio! Pure toning and shes a beast!)
    Supreme 90 day (tabata inferno is the best dvd from the whole set!)

Have but not tried yet:
    Killer buns and thighs by JM

One i hated:
    Brazil butt lift (no thanks, sold it)
  • mel4bee
    mel4bee Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a fitness dvd addict

I have a lot of Jillian's DVDs, Biggest Loser, Julianne Hough