MFP Journey

Options
Hey Everyone,

I'm 29 from Colorado Springs, CO. 76 days ago i stepped on the scale and saw something that made my heart sink. Not only was i past the "Big 3" but i had passed it by ten whole pounds. I had noticed that clothing was fitting tighter, and my 2XL t-shirts were starting to be too form fitting. I was in horrible shape. I had quit smoking on 1/5/13 but it was the only step i had made towards any sort of self improvement.

Well, unlike the other times i had stepped on to a scale and disapointed myself, this time i decided to act and make a change,

And change i have. I am down 40lb so far. I didnt take measurements unfortunately, but my pant size is down from a 46 to a 38/40 (depending on who makes them... isnt that supposed to be a standard sizing?) and i have worked out 4-5 days a week every week since the start.

I havent done any radical dieting. Only watching my calorie intake. I realized that for the last 10-15 years of my life i have been eatinng FAR above and beyond what is healthy and it really blew me up. I estimate that before MFP i was consuming in the neighborhood of between 5 and 10 THOUSAND calories a day. Thanks so crazy to think i was doing that.

I've got 40 more pounds until goal weight. This may change slightly as i get closer and see what my body is doing, but for now thats my target.

Thank you MFP, and to all those reading, i look forward to talking with you on here over the rest of my journey and beyond. I hope i can be an encouraging voice for you.

Replies

• burtle
    burtle Posts: 27
    Options
    Awesome effort! Keep up the good work!
  • Wefita
    Wefita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Keep up the great work :)
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! You got this!!:happy:
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    MFP got me to my goal weight and keeps me honest to stay there!! Keep it up!!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Keep it up :)
    Talk about motivation!
  • KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Before I started logging I had no idea how much I was eating. MFP really put things in perspective. Keep up the great work!
  • incendiumx
    incendiumx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Before I started logging I had no idea how much I was eating. MFP really put things in perspective. Keep up the great work!

Absolute truth. All of a sudden i look at a "small" bag of chips and say "There are HOW MANY 300 CALORIE SERVINGS IN THIS BAG!?!?!?!?!"