Belly last to go?

Options
Im new to posting in the forums, so please forgive me if this is a repeat topic.

Enlighten me..

Is your belly TYPICALLY the last place to shrink up??

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Yes, for most people.
  • Shayley20
    Shayley20 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thanks! ^^ Wasnt sure.. everything seems to be shrinking except my stomach. In fact, some days it looks bigger than when I started. Maybe it only appears larger w everything else getting smaller? hmm.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    The body is designed to put the fat in the midsection first and to take it off last. It is the least worked area so it is the best area to store the fat to ensure the species survival during times of famine.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    My upper belly goes first, and my lower belly goes absolutely last, lol. I have a large ribcage, so that probably helps explain the upper abdomen part, but it's still a little weird. My lower belly definitely looks poochier in comparison as I get smaller, because the top part comes off so much quicker.

I have been losing inches all over though! It's just that my lower abs have more total fat to lose.
  • Shayley20
    Options
    My upper belly goes first, and my lower belly goes absolutely last, lol. I have a large ribcage, so that probably helps explain the upper abdomen part, but it's still a little weird. My lower belly definitely looks poochier in comparison as I get smaller, because the top part comes off so much quicker.

I have been losing inches all over though! It's just that my lower abs have more total fat to lose.

Im glad im not the only one! Oh well, keep on keeping on I guess. Good luck to you & your abs!!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Not me but then again I am much larger than you. I have lost a lot from my midsection I also think it depends on your build too
  • sarapopefitness
    sarapopefitness Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Same issue here, so I know how you feel! Definitive weight loss in the arms, legs, face, heck even shoulders..but the tummy fat likes to hang around! Just keep it up and eventually we will get rid of it :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It depends on genetics. The first place you gain tends to be the last place you lose.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yes, sucks huh? No exercise can change that. You just have to loose the weight, and where/when it comes off is genetic.
    thanks! ^^ Wasnt sure.. everything seems to be shrinking except my stomach. In fact, some days it looks bigger than when I started. Maybe it only appears larger w everything else getting smaller? hmm.

Yeah, and you usually feel slimmer in the mornings. Just bloating and stuff. Your body is like a grocery bag, it get heavier and fuller until you... ahem... "take food and liquids out".
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My belly is the only place I really wanna lose the weight and it hasn't budged. :/
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yes, seems to be, darn it! :sad:
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    My belly is the only place I really wanna lose the weight and it hasn't budged. :/

Has your weight changed at all?
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    Midsection is usually the first place it gets stored, and the last last it gets unstored :)
  • rockstar2b66
    Options
    I feel like I tighten up in my stomach first. My midsection actually looks pretty good after only a few weeks. It's my lower half, that I'm having trouble with. I have wide hips naturally but my thighs and butt could definetly use trimming.
  • FrnkLft
    Options
    I feel like I tighten up in my stomach first. My midsection actually looks pretty good after only a few weeks. It's my lower half, that I'm having trouble with. I have wide hips naturally but my thighs and butt could definetly use trimming.

This is what we call a good "problem". :laugh: :drinker:
  • Shayley20
    Options

Wish I had that success. I have wide hips to, those I know im just never gonna get rid of! haha
  • Shayley20
    Options
    Yes, sucks huh? No exercise can change that. You just have to loose the weight, and where/when it comes off is genetic.

Yeah, and you usually feel slimmer in the mornings. Just bloating and stuff. Your body is like a grocery bag, it get heavier and fuller until you... ahem... "take food and liquids out".

hahahahaha. Good to know
  • tRiNaBeAnZz
    tRiNaBeAnZz Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Yes, and unfortunately, you can't really target fat. So I have noticed my face, arms, and around my ribcage getting small and the tummy being stubborn. I can tell you that over time, it will eventually shrink!
  • Shayley20
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Guess I need to be a bit more patient. :)

- on a side note, completely off topic... anyone use snap chat?? Its the only thing keeping me entertained at work today. Fun app, id suggest it.