What do I do now ??????? Run ??? Hide ??? What do I do :( :(

Options
Hey all,

Went on a shopping spree with a friend and as a ritual ended up having a waffle (It was only irresistible).. What do I do now ??????? Run ??? Hide ??? What do I do :(:(

How do you guys balance such slip outs ?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    put in a little extra exercise and brush it off. Tomorrow is a new day!! Just don't let it spill over into tomorrow!! You're allowed a treat here and there, just do a little cardio and wakeup with a new day tomorrow.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Own it, log it, and stop worrying about it.
    Beating yourself up over it is counterproductive, in my opinion.
    We all have our slip ups, it's what you do afterwards that makes the difference.
    Wouldn't it be a sad world without waffles?
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Log it in your diary and then go for walk. I always eat something much healthier for dinner if I screw up at lunch :) Like baked chicken and green beans.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I log it into my diary..you can do extra exercise to balance it. If you don't slip too often, don't feel bad about this one. Keep your head held high. I've had at least 2-3 slips this whole week, and yeah I feel bad but I smile and look on to another day the very next day. Stay strong. :)
  • HidyleDidyle
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! The rest of the day, and tomorrow and all the other days are all fresh! I think that most of the exercise/losing weight/eating properly battle is psychological, and if we get down on ourselves, then it is easy to convince yourself that you're a "failure" or that you have "no willpower" which isn't true!

Hang in there.
  • DwightJenkins
    DwightJenkins Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day... one waffle didn't make you fat, one day of slippage won't either.. I still have a waffle or two in my future, and so can you..
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    log it and move on.
    We all have moments- I agree whole hearledly with the above, make some adjustments today so the calories fit (more exercise or a super healthy dinner) and don't stress about it. It's not a crime to live your life and enjoy it. We only have one. :drinker:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've decided to live my life realistically. If you need to balance calories, eat less of something else or exercise. To me, there is nothing off-limits. If I make something off-limits, then I'll freak out when I inevitably slip up and eat it (as you're doing). One waffle isn't going to derail your progress unless you let it.

You should never feel guilty about eating something.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Log it and keep on going! A little exercise will work it off work it off anyways. You have to treat yourself occasionally. :flowerforyou:
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    The best way that I have found to deal w/ these little slips.... is to enjoy how good it tasted and KNOW that it is not an all the time thing. No one says we can never have our treats.... we just need to moderate how much and when. When I do slip and indulge a little too much I try to get in an extra session at the gym or even take a good brisk walk. Chances are that one slip once in awhile is not going to be enough to turn your metabolism upside down so sometimes.... I do nothing and just revel in the fact that I ate yummy goodness!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Just log it and make up for it with a little bit extra exercise during the rest of the week. You have to allow yourself one occassional slip, nobody is perfect.

I do that from time to time, allow myself something and then that day or the following day spend a few minutes extra on the threadmill.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Ssshhhhh! :wink: Don't tell anyone, but I had A scone (think you call them biscuits in the US?) with jam AND cream at lunchtime. The odd treat wont kill you, just log it and try to stay within your cals :flowerforyou:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    just log it and move on. It might not be as bad as you think anyways. Lol like what most people say to you can alway do some exercise to try and make up for it. I know ill be working my butt off later to make up for all the chinese food i ate today lol.
  • lish1955
    lish1955 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try not to look back, it over in the past...just more forward..sounds easy huh?
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    You do nothing. So you had an blip...You're human, like everyone keeps saying, tomorrow is another day. If you beat yourself up too much about it then you're likely to keep blipping. Next time you're going there and you don't think you can resist just build it in to your food for the day.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Wow, really? A freak out over a waffle? Girl if you're craving something just have it. Factor it into your calories and MOVE ON. If you have to exercise more to be able to budget it into your calories then do that. But for goodness sakes don't FREAK OUT every time you eat something that is higher in calories! If you keep doing that you're going to "fall off the wagon" and never get back on. I think viewing certain foods as "off limits" is what gets a lot of people into trouble because when you're constantly denying yourself foods that you want you will end up feeling so deprived that you will eventually snap and want to give up.

If you really really want something have it, but in smaller portions than what you normally would. Factor it into your calorie budget and move on. :)
  • green328
    Options
    These things always make me smile when I see them.

Can I just say that if you got up one day next week feeling rough, and fell out of the house in the morning without brushing your teeth or showering, you'd then say to yourself "Well, I've done it today so I'll keep on doing it". No, I don't think you would.
    So just think of it as a little 'nice thing' that occured and get on with things

And anyway, if I was told tomorrow that the rest of my life was going to be one long regime of healthy food with no treats, I think I'd end it all there and then with a Big Mac.

468691.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • HYeliab
    HYeliab Posts: 36
    Options
    I had a GREAT pancake and cheese omelet today. I know they were heavy in calories. Just get in a little more cardio activity than usual and moderate your calories tomorrow with another good cardio session.

You will be just fine. Remember one thing. "It is never too late to become what you might have been." I read that somewhere (wink). You are doing great!

-HB
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Wow, really? A freak out over a waffle? Girl if you're craving something just have it. Factor it into your calories and MOVE ON. If you have to exercise more to be able to budget it into your calories then do that. But for goodness sakes don't FREAK OUT every time you eat something that is higher in calories! If you keep doing that you're going to "fall off the wagon" and never get back on. I think viewing certain foods as "off limits" is what gets a lot of people into trouble because when you're constantly denying yourself foods that you want you will end up feeling so deprived that you will eventually snap and want to give up.

If you really really want something have it, but in smaller portions than what you normally would. Factor it into your calorie budget and move on. :)

I agree :)
  • simply_healthy
    simply_healthy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I had a GREAT pancake and cheese omelet today. I know they were heavy in calories. Just get in a little more cardio activity than usual and moderate your calories tomorrow with another good cardio session.

You will be just fine. Remember one thing. "It is never too late to become what you might have been." I read that somewhere (wink). You are doing great!

-HB

This really bought a smile on my face :)

Thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss all for being so nice and motivating me... I love the endless support and motivation I get here everytime...Hugsss !!!