Freshman 15

Options
I'm a freshman in college and I've always been an active person and I actually love to eat healthy food. Ever since I started college though, I feel as if I work out even more, but I've already gained about 5 pounds. I work out an average of an hour a day for about 6 days a week, and I always get salads, cereals, fruit and the healthier food from the dining hall. Also, I recently gave up junk food. I don't know why I'm gaining weight, because it's not even like it's muscle weight. I don't know what to change. Help :[

Replies

• ntp0826
    ntp0826 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you're working out and eating healthy, it may be a hormone imbalance. On the other hand, remember to track calories. 1000 calories of salad and 1000 calories of chips are 1000 calories...period. So make sure you start tracking your calorie intake. If you're already doing that, I would suggest getting your thyroid checked. It may be under active.
  • KitKatBar
    Options
    Nothing offensive meant, but are you eating regularly? Also, what are your drinking habits like?
  • 4neek4
    4neek4 Posts: 4
    Options
    I eat breakfast, lunch, a snack, and dinner. I don't drink alcohol if that's what you meant, but i do drink a good amount of water.
  • 4neek4
    4neek4 Posts: 4
    Options
    I think the calorie thing might be what's wrong, because I eat healthy food, but I eat a lot of it, so I may just simply consuming too many calories :/