Looking to meet Whole30, Paleo friends!!! :)

Options
Hey everybody!

It's day 5 for me of my Whole30 cleanse and I LOVING it!!!! Due to a variety of health issues I've been faced with recently- I'm so thankful I was introduced to the program (total lifesaver!) and look forward to this lifestyle change. I'm almost skeptical of the changes I've experienced so quickly!!! It seems too good to be true... less bloating, never hungry, not craving sugar and most importantly not stuggling consistently with anxiety/depression that just snuck up on me so fiercley here recently.

Sooooooo, I would LOVE to have some MFP friends to support and gain support from on this journey! Post Whole30 peeps that are loving the Paleo lifestyle welcome also!!!

THANK YOU! :)

Replies

• tinytemple
    tinytemple Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hello!! I'm also on day 5 of going paleo!! I've been primal since last summer, so it's less of a drastic change, but cutting out dairy - out of necessity because I found out i'm intolerant - has been tough!
    I've also started a ketogenic plan (very low carb, moderate protein & high fat) to try and sort out my sugar cravings. So i've called this my 28 day ketogenic-paleo challenge! (i've started blogging about it on my profile)

Sounds like you're doing fantastically well on it already!!
    Let's keep each other motivated, sent you a friend request:)
  • nicolie88
    nicolie88 Posts: 35
    Options
    Awesome! Look forward to swapping information and learning from you!!! Sounds like you've been on the right path for a while!!! :)
  • christinafell150
    christinafell150 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    On day 29 of my Whole30 challenge! Loving my results so plan on sticking with it 99%; ie. occasional cheats. My daughter's birthday is this weekend so I plan on having a piece of cake but then back to the plan!
  • sillyli234
    sillyli234 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Are you ladies still sticking to Paleo? I am mostly "paleo" at the moment, but plan on doing Whole30 for at least the month of September.
  • Noemynoemy
    Options
    Are you guys still doing this?
    Day 9 for me... any feedback?
  • kandalure
    kandalure Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been paleo for the past 33 days (but hey, who's counting) and I would like to have friends who are doing something similar. Feel free to add me if you are following a similar eating plan.
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I did whole30 before I'd ever heard of whole30.

Changed my life :-)

For the better.
  • msmissylowe
    Options
    I am eating 90% Paleo and love it! Seeing a big difference in my energy level.
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a Whole30, which isn't that different than the anti-inflammatory diet I'd been doing for the past 9 months or so, but it's been really great - mostly for me in terms of support because I'm doing it with a group of friends and have been experimenting with different recipes. I've also been cutting out the constant snacking I was doing - not that it was hurting me calorie wise because I was mostly snacking on fresh fruit and veggies, but it also meant I was also constantly feeling hungry. Switching to bigger meals with longer breaks in between is a big change for me, but I'm feeling quite good so far. I think this is 8 or 9 days in. I'm actually not counting, apparently! Haha.
  • sakinacornell
    sakinacornell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, have just purchased "It Starts with Food," and gearing up for a whole 30. still learning about paleo and primal eating, and am definitely up for starting a whole 30 support group or team.
    Also looking for whole 30 paleo buddies :)
  • danielrh66
    danielrh66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am probably about 80% paleo myself and definitely notice problems when I eat grains and especially sugar. Dairy docs not bother me and some circles are okay with dairy as long sat is fermented in some capacity. Almond milk is quite good to those that cannot tolerate dairy. Anyway, I'd be happy to talk paleo and enjoy he support myself.
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am about to start a paleo based diet (with some occasional cheats for alcohol I am sure). Interested in hearing about others experiences with it!
  • NeIIaBeIIa
    NeIIaBeIIa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Never heard of Whole30... so I just googled it, and I like! I'm pretty much on board with it, and am already a 90% paleo eater, just because I know it agrees with me. (Occasional cheats for alcohol and occasional tablespoon of greek yoghurt with fruit etc).

I found years ago that meat-fish-vege-salad-nuts (I try to avoid the "diet labels") is perfect for me, and totally eliminated many health issues at the time, and I lost weight. Just seems natural to me... It helps immensely with my mental state, avoids sugar lows and helps me stop binge eating. (Can you tell I am trying to convince myself to continue :)

When pregnant I found I could tolerate wheat products again (lower immune reaction when pregnant) and I went crazy! Ate all those things I hadn't for years... and tried to continue post-pregnancy, till it was clear I was fooling myself. So have been weaning back onto the food plan and feeling much better. I don't claim to be 100% on it but am 90% better than I was before!! And smiling again :)
  • jenn26point2
    jenn26point2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I've done countless W30's and stick pretty close to paleo/primal when not W30... feel free to add me. :)

That goes for anyone who's into Paleo/Primal/Whole30/PHD, etc...
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Primal/Paleo here! Feel free to add me!
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I'm Primal.....I love dairy. Anyone can add me if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • m0n0fx
    m0n0fx Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 3 days into a Paleo diet now. Anyone else on a similar diet feel free to add me as a friend so we can support/motivate each other!