weighing

Options
okay here is the thing. i was at the docs today , because she wanted to discuss my bloodwork which my glucose and ldl were up a bit.

She put me on some medication for weight loss. I will start it in the morning

the question is... i know what i weight there on their scale. should i weigh myself tomorrow on mine, then check weekly or every few days. or log the weight from the office and not check til i go back in a month.

if you plan to comment on the medication that is not what the post is about so just bugger off.

Replies

• leesala66
    Options
    Since you got weighed at the dr office today I would weigh myself at home and note the difference in the two scales. It always seems to be different for me. Then maybe weigh yourself once a week at home so you can see your progress. I don't think I could wait a whole month to get back on the scale! lol! Good luck.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    IF you are going to weigh yourself for tracking purposes, honestly IGNORE the weight on the doc's scale.
    You were weighed clothed (I'm assuming) and probably after eating/drinking during the day.
    Weigh yourself on your home scale, in the morning naked after using the toilet. This helps provide a more 'stable' situation for weighing yourself.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    Since you got weighed at the dr office today I would weigh myself at home and note the difference in the two scales. It always seems to be different for me. Then maybe weigh yourself once a week at home so you can see your progress. I don't think I could wait a whole month to get back on the scale! lol! Good luck.
    yeah i think i will , thanks for the well wishes.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    IF you are going to weigh yourself for tracking purposes, honestly IGNORE the weight on the doc's scale.
    You were weighed clothed (I'm assuming) and probably after eating/drinking during the day.
    Weigh yourself on your home scale, in the morning naked after using the toilet. This helps provide a more 'stable' situation for weighing yourself.
    actually hadnt eat but i was wearing jeans. but yeah i think i will weigh on my scale in the morning.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I would log the weight from the doctor's office. It's bound to be more accurate than your scale. When you go back in a month to weigh again, just make sure you're wearing close to the same clothes and take off your shoes if you did that before.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Just do both.
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    I would log the weight from the doctor's office. It's bound to be more accurate than your scale. When you go back in a month to weigh again, just make sure you're wearing close to the same clothes and take off your shoes if you did that before.

umm yeah there is no chance i will remember what i was wearing.

pretty cat though
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I would log the weight from the doctor's office. It's bound to be more accurate than your scale.

Accurate actually doesn't matter one bit in this journey we're on. It's consistency.
    In all reality, it doesn't matter if one scale shows 130 and the other 135, if the same scale is used every time and the changes are there, that is what matters.
    Home scales won't be that accurate/precise as they are cheap and not calibrated once at home or every time they are moved
    Dr's scales won't be that accurate overall either as you will have some people who practically jump on them (Not good for scales) and there are too many variables in regards to clothing, food/water intake and even sweating etc before they are used.
  • OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend daily weigh-ins coupled with a graph like the ones from trendweight.com (totally free, not even any ads). Just track your amount of loss and don't worry about the absolute numbers, as long as your trend is going down and your weights are below the line you know you're on track.

You'll always weigh more at the doctor's office - clothing, and having eaten or drunk something for the morning means that your first-thing-in-the-morning weigh in is as low as it gets. It's also the most consistent time to weigh yourself in my opinion.

Osric

4w.png
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I would check your home scale with the doctor's scale since they are all different. Then figure out which weighing in schedule works for you. I personally weigh every morning but I'm not bothered by the ups and downs.