sedimentary lifestyle to cardio

Options
Well at work i am fairly active.. walking around all day lifting stuff but mostly driving fork lift.

My biggest issue has been since i was a kid i played games as my hobby.. with a kid and wife now i dont play as much but i still am not very active once im at home.. i am 5'11 around 260ish so i have plenty of weight to lose.. i am aiming for 210 which i have a pretty big frame so i feel this is a good goal for me.

I have hypertension (am 28) with the low dose of meds its under control but of course id rather not have it as all. I also have NASH. Both biggest contributing factions is weight and diet.

Do you think i would see a big improvement in overall health doing cardio 30 minutes a day / 4-5 days a week going from a pretty sedimentary lifestyle?

This is of course with eating a healthier diet which ive worked on (i use to eat out for lunch 5 days a week(and sometimes even for dinner too), now i go with work buddies one day every Friday and maybe out to eat at home once every week and a halfish.. its a big difference compared to use to living off of fast food.

Anyways you think i would see a good improvement of my health?

Replies

• Funtime358
    Options
    Yes you'd lose weight and probably be able to go off bp meds.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    So the question is: Do we think that going from zero activity to some level of activity would be better than continuing zero activity?

I'm gonna go with a qualified "yes". With your current medical issues I strongly advise that you consult with your doctor about any limitations you should impose while starting out.