Body Pump Home Version

Options
I am thinking about buying the home version of Les Mills Body Pump. Has anyone bought and used it? I have seen some good and not so good reviews on Amazon. One thing I wondered about....there is only 30 lbs. total of weights. At the gym we could add much more than that to the bar (though I can't remember how much I was adding..it's been a few years). Any feedback would be appreciated!

Replies

• _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Ditto! I don't think I'd get the same workout at home that I was getting at the gym with this class, mainly cause I don't have the space to get more plates and up the weight...unless you have the room for extra weights, I wouldn't get it.
  • Mac1954
    Mac1954 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was concerned about not having room to add more plates. I really loved the class at the gym, but we have moved and there isn't a class in the town where we now live. I have read that you can but the DVDs without the weights. Then I would just buy a bar and some weights. I only have hand weights right now. I like Kelly Coffey Meyer and Jari Love, but would really enjoy Body Pump at home too.
  • cmwc123
    cmwc123 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have it and LOVE it! Have used it over a year. I just bought more plates and add more plates to it. As long as you dont mind doing the same two tracks over and over (which I don't) even at the health club when they change tracks it is still pretty much the same workout just different music. I paid extra and got the body combat, sport attack and body flow too.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I didn't know they had a home version! WOW!!
  • kisses4dylan
    kisses4dylan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So glad u posted this! I loveeeeed Body Pump until my instructor left and went to another gym. The replacement didnt have the same energy :-( Glad to hear other feedback about the home version because I was thinking about purchasing it as well.
  • Mac1954
    Options
    cmwc, did you just buy regular plates from the sporting goods store and they fit on?
  • Mac1954
    Options
    It was always my fave class at the gym. I just want to make sure it is worth the money. If I can add on plates, then I think it would work really well.
  • cmwc123
    cmwc123 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes, I bought regular weights from the sporting good store. The bar itself is pretty maxed out I think at 40lbs. I am going to have to buy a better bar if I want to add more weight!