2/3rds of the Way to my Goal of Losing 100 Pounds

Options
jmom376
jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
Hi all, My name is Pam. I decided to post in the success stories since I recently hit the 2/3rds mark to my goal weight.

I started my healthier lifestyle journey on January 11, 2013 weighting 272.80 lbs. Today, October 16, 2013 I weighted in at 204.20, with a weight loss of 69 lbs so far. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. I lost the first 50 lbs in 5 months and it has taken me almost 5 months to lose the next 19 lbs (vacations and lots of treat days had slowed my progress). Through perseverance and going back to the basics, I am finally starting to see results again. I also joined an October challenge that helps me focus on those basics and be accountable to myself and others.

My biggest piece of advice to anyone who is trying to lose a lot of weight is to focus on all of the small details and do the best you can do every day. When I focus on just that day, it helps prevent me from getting overwhelmed by my larger goal. You will be amazed when you look back to see how far you have came.

Before--272.80+ lbs :
September 2012 (1 year ago)

2dv6539.jpg

rlfgao.jpg

Today--69 lbs lost 204.20 lbs.
e7dsp3.jpg

midk49.jpg

Replies

• cinloo87
    Options
    That's incredible! awesome work , it's nice seeing success stories. My heaviest charted weight was also 272, and now I'm at 217 and feel so much better. My goal is also to lose 100 pounds in total. Good luck on the rest of your journey :)
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You are doing an amazing job, staying on track and keeping up with your daily exercises. So happy to see all you have accomplished.
  • jmom376
    Options
    Thank you Cindy and Cindy! Glad to have you as a friend CindyRip. You are one of my biggest inspirations :)
  • mwal74
    mwal74 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My biggest piece of advice to anyone who is trying to lose a lot of weight is to focus on all of the small details and do the best you can do every day. When I focus on just that day, it helps prevent me from getting overwhelmed by my larger goal. You will be amazed when you look back to see how far you have came.

Some of the best advice I've seen to date. Sometimes I get so caught up in visualizing my goal that I overlook the importance of today's goal. Thank you for sharing, you've done a wonderful job! I can't wait to see your next update!
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Awesome!!! We are about in the same boat. I've got another 46 to go before reaching my goal weight. It's a nice feeling, isn't it!? You have done an awesome job persevering this journey!!! Very proud of you!!

Add me if you'd like! :)
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Virtual high five girl... Congrats and keep it up!!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am at the same weight loss and am also feeling great. I'm starting to feel FREE. Keep up the great work!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • PoisonDartFrog
    PoisonDartFrog Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Your looking great and will be at your goal in no time!
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    You are doing Amazing!!! I'm right around your starting weight right now! Can't wait to be where you are!!! Haven't been your weight in 13 years..and am totally excited about it!!! WTG girl!!! You know what you gotta do to get there and you are on your way! :)
  • jmom376
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I definitely feel a lot lighter and a lot healthier. Feel free to send me a friend request if you like.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    You've done a fantastic job!! Hello onderland!! You're almost there!
  • jmom376
    Options
    Thank you Pamela! I really appreciate all of your support my friend :)
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congratulations you have done amazingly well, you are almost at your goal loss keep up the good work :)
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    You look amazing! Very inspiring!
  • jmom376
    Options
    Thank you :) One thing I noticed from my picture from yesterday is that I need new pants. lol.. I wear those every Wednesday for my weight-in.. I didn't realize how baggy they looked.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing great.
  • prosperkat
    prosperkat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look younger and happier and beautiful. Thanks for posting, I get so much inspiration from the success stories. Congratulations on the 2/3rds milestone!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    awesome!!
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic Pam! thanks for sharing. It's motivating to see success stories. :flowerforyou:
  • bijouchocolat
    bijouchocolat Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!! You are almost there ... I know you can smell the sweet taste of victory!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!