Best drive thru food?

Options
Between class, jobs, projects, and meetings, sometimes I only have time for a drive thru. If you guys had to, what drive thru food would you choose in order to stay roughly within your goals?

I'm a huge fan of El Pollo Loco, the chicken's pretty decent and a crazy good source of protein, or if that isn't available the Sante Fe Chicken Sandwich at Carls Jr, which at least tastes more like real food than some of the burgers offered up.

Replies

• raw_meal
    raw_meal Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I like Chic Filet. Chicken nuggets 270 cal. I usually have have the sandwiches (500-600 cals). But when I saw nuggets, those are it for now on.
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I really like Jimmy John's because I can get an unwich + pickle which is good for my goals in all but salt content. You can also add/subract cheese/mayo etc to meet certain fat or protein goals.

I also like Culver's because I can get green beans as a side and if I get a burger they are big enough I can just eat half.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I don't have a preferred but I do have some guidelines.

Small fry if I can't help but order a fry.

Stay away from excessive sauces. Try to refrain from cheese.

Go with water or unsweetened tea. Diet soda if I just can't help it.

Grilled over breaded.

. A lot of times I take one side of the bun off.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I don't refrain from anything and fast food isn't convenient for me in the city since there are no drive thrus. However, I always go for food that will fill me up for the longest.

My old goto's were Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich or a couple boxes of chicken nuggets and chili.
    Taco Bell - Steak and Bean burrito
    McDonald's - Double cheese burger and fries

I don't eat it that often so I refuse to get grilled chicken without cheese or the bun. Gross. I like to enjoy my calories whether it's 500 or 1000 for a meal.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    If I'm low on calories then I get a chili from Wendy's. If I'm not, I'll get a McDouble or a McQuad if I have 600 calories to spare and I need protein. I'm also a fan of Subway or Pizza Pizza but they don't have drive thrus.
  • Pamstimelines
    Pamstimelines Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's not really drive thru but its fast - CHIPOTLE!
  • shargolf
    shargolf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The grilled chicken wrap from Mcdonalds- under 400 cal + easy to eat in the car too!
    :tongue:
  • osucristina30
    Options
    In-n-Out double double with onion and jalapenos protein style! (lettuce wrapped)
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Jimmy John's! Both the Turkey Tom (without mayo and with provolone and avocado) or a Vegetarian (without mayo) are really filling, delicious, and very reasonable calories-wise.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Culver's double bacon deluxe, no onion, add ketchup & mustard, side of onion rings.
  • rick3b
    rick3b Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Burger Kings Whopper jr. no chees or fries
  • jboccio90
    jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Tacobell- 2 crunchy tacos =340 calories

McDonalds- Kid's 4 piece meal with a small fry instead of the apples= 420 calories or I get a mcdouble and a parfait= 540 calories

Burger King- Double cheese burger and a value onion ring= 520 calories

Subway- Foot long Ham no mayo= 580 calories

Chickfila- chargrilled chicken sandwich and small ice cream cone= 480 calories

Arbys- 2 jr roast beefs= 420 calories

Wendy's- small chili and 4 piece nugget= 360 calories
  • duke0825
    duke0825 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    5 layer beef burrito T Bell. Cheap and delicious