Calling all college girls

Options
Hey all,
I'm a college sophomore, 20 years of age. I'm really needing some friends who understand where I'm coming from, late night studying, people wanting you to have nights out all the time, and other perfect looking girls who seem like they can eat whatever they want and not gain a thing. Freshman 15? Haha, try freshman 40. That's right, in just last year I gained 40 pounds and I feel ashamed and embarrassed. Looking for support and encouragement and definitely up to support and encourage others. Please add me (: Let's motivate each other.

Replies

• InsanityFringe
    Options
    Hey I'm 20 and in my last year at university. I know exactly how you feel with all the skinny girls on campus stuffing their faces with burgers and I just look at food and it jumps to my hips! It's time for us to make a change!
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    "once past the lips, always on the hips"

i didnt believe that when I was younger and my mom said that. OHHH do I believe it now.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I gained 30 lbs in 2 semesters of college....damn you salad bar!! I have lost almost a 3rd of that weight, working on the rest and more! Add me if you want, I am 20 and starting a new degree in spring =D
  • bethyt458
    bethyt458 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 19, in college, with a one year old. I live in my own place, so no campus life for me. I only take 2 night classes, and as much as I'd like to blame my weight on my son or college, I really can't!

I know exactly where you're coming from, though. Going out every night? Forget it. I have a son, as well as studies to keep up with!
  • TrishaAnn13
    TrishaAnn13 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 20 and in entering my last semester of my bachelors degree in January! I have been big my whole life and I'm tried of it. So I have a lot of weight to lose and would love to have more friends a long the way. Being around people who are in shape and what whatever is so tough and I'd love more friends for my journey. Add me and feel free to talk to me about anything!!!
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    Its great you've clicked on to the issue. It took me 4 years (just after graduation last year) to realise what university/college had done. I can fully relate. People wanting you to drink all the time, social pressures of eating, stress of studying/exams, no money. It doesn't fear well for the body at all. I have lost 10 out of the 12 kg's on gained over this time but yea if I had clicked on early it wouldn't have been so hard to deal with.
  • allisonoftherowan
    Options
    Hey! I'm Allison, I'm a nineteen-year-old college sophomore. I've been struggling with weight forever, and I did gain 25 lbs this past year, but that was more because I was in recovery from anorexia. Now that I'm trying to get back to a more median, healthy weight, I totally feel all of the pressures your feeling.

Add me!
  • LipstickandIron
    LipstickandIron Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am 22 and in my 4th year of college. I, too, gained weight in college. I have waited far too long to get it off!! I have lost some weight already, but I feel like I have a long ways to go still. I have a couple of "goal weights." I am 5'2 and currently about 134, but I started this journey at 150. My first goal is 120, and then depending on how I look, feel, etc, I think I want to continue to 115 and go from there. Always looking for new friends, please feel free to add! :)
  • emilymaya16
    emilymaya16 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in my second year of university, 20 years old also :) For some reason my weight has remained relatively the same, I do a stressful course and am often so busy studying that I forget to eat, also everyone in my year is so fitness conscious and there are people who seem to be in the gym 24/7! It has motivated me to get losing again, I got halfway through my weight loss journey and took a break- 2 years ago! :P I managed to maintain the loss but never got back to actually losing and reaching my goal, so coming to university in a way has helped my weight loss through all the motivation of other people! I'm now getting close to my goal and feeling sexier by the day, literally I'm not joking, I've been on this diet for 2 weeks and I've already been asked on a date, that hasn't happened in forever! Date went well, second date on monday :D If I'm seeing these kind of results now, whats it gna be like when I really do hit my goal! ;)
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 23 and currently in grad school. I know exactly what it is like to struggle with weight loss in a college environment and lifestyle. It is so much easier and more convenient to stop and get some fast food on the way to or from class as opposed to cooking healthy meals at home. It's also really hard when my friends want to go out all of the time and I am trying to cut back since the empty calories in alcohol has a lot to do with how I got in this mess of massive weight gain over the past few years. I admire you for getting back on track sooner rather than later. I wish I had had that kind of motivation after gaining weight my freshman year. I've been on MFP for about 3 weeks now so I'm still kind of new to the whole healthier lifestyle thing. Feel free to add me as a friend though! It's always good to have extra motivation when it comes to weight loss and fitness! :smile:
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    us college girls should stick together :)
  • n_gal87
    n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, I graduated college two years ago and now I'm in law school. I'm in the same boat as pretty much everyone here - I have always been big but I lost about 40 lbs. in high school, I don't remember my exact weight but it was around 140. I still felt huge and after feeling like I had done a lot of work for nothing I started eating junk in college, I gained all the weight plus back over the last six years with a few small gains and losses in that time.

I've been on here since August but haven't lost much (9lbs.), I'm constantly trying to do better in terms of what and how much I'm eating and exercising and trying to accept that I'm not going to loose 70 lbs. over night, which has been the hardest thing for me. Everyone can feel free to friend me, I'm on here everyday and I try to track everything.
  • kelseycolbert
    kelseycolbert Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I completely understand! I'm 19 and in my first THREE MONTHS of living on my own, I gained 18 pounds! Eighteen pounds in three months is nearly unheard of in my opinion, but when you live off of wine and Taco Bell, it's bound to happen, right?
    I definitely struggle when my friends want to go out to eat multiple times a week or a weekend involving lots of alcohol comes around, but portion control, healthy alternatives, and proper exercise can help get you on the right track!!
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm a sophomore at a college in Michigan and I'm 19. I was so good about preventing my freshman 12 until February when I had to deal with a break up and the **** hit the fan. Thankfully, that weight came off quickly and now I'm just working to take off the weight that I slowly put on during high school. I'm already back to where I was at the end of my freshman year of high school, so I'm getting there.

I must say, deciding on a goal weight is awfully hard when you haven't ever had a flat stomach!

Feel free to add me! :)
  • Fit4Life004
    Fit4Life004 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me :) I am a senior in college trying to lose weight and tone up!
  • shellsies93
    Options
    heyy! i'm 20 and am in my fourth year of college and gained 60 pounds since highschool...and thats adding on to my already fattness!! so far i have lost a little over 30
    good luck hun and feel free to add! :)
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    22, going into my last year of my degree.
    Ive heard about that freshman 15, never happened to me, but it happened to many of my friends!
    Though I have seen all the stick thin girls who stuff their face and manage to stay thin, but i encounter those girls everywhere.
    I guess it never happened to me cause I don't drink much (my body rejects alcohol) and I eat less because of limited $. Plus fast food here is expensive, so I cook for myself.

Feel free to add moi!
  • octogirlpretty
    Options
    Hey girl! I'm 21, just started my first semester of college this past August (had to take time off after high school to work and fund some of my college; doing most of this solo unfortunately). In the three years between high school and college, I gained 25 lbs :( I think it's because you get out of your parent's house and you have your own money and are able to buy foods that your parents would never let you eat, and in such abundant quantities! LOL I'm new to the forums, so I hope it's ok if I add you!
    All of us college girls can do this! :D
  • amax_002
    Options
    Soooo...I'm definitely finding this thread a bit late! haha! I'm in college too, and I've been having such a hard time staying motivated and keeping up with exercise. I need some buddies!
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I'm a sophomore in college too. :) Freshman year I was really committed to eating healthy and cooking, so I lost a lot of weight. This year, I'm living with my boyfriend, so I'm eating out more and I have less free time to do things for myself, like prepare food in advance. I've been getting a bit lazy and I've gained a few pounds back, so I really want to recommit to my healthy lifestyle over break and lose a few pounds before spring semester craziness!