persimmons are delish!

Options
meeper123
meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
I bought some cause I had never had them. mmm so good! I am just eating them raw what do you do with them?

Replies

• meeper123
    Options
    Cant be the only one that loves this fruit lol
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I can buy the dried ones easily where I live. Rarely buy them though as I'll eat 'em all in one sitting!
  • darksomebelle
    darksomebelle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I made a smoothie with them once. It was amazing :)
  • tataylllor
    tataylllor Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good to know!! I have actually been thinking of trying them lately and was wondering if they were actually good!! Im gonna have to try them.. thanks!
  • KayciRose13
    Options
    I love them too! My mom is Filipino, and this is a fruit she loved to eat in the Philippines! I just cut them up like apples and eat them like apples. Aren't they delicious :D ?!
  • meeper123
    Options
    they really are I think they are way better than apples even and I love apples. They are a bit pricey but totally worth it as a treat :)
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My favorite are the Hachiya persimmons. You have to wait until they are soft and really ripe and then they are delicious. I have one on my counter that I'm waiting for patiently. Yum.
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love them too but have had a hard itme determining the calories in one. I have found averything from 17, 70, 90, 118 and 127....help! which one do you use? MFP said 17 but that seems so low since they are very sweet!