Foods that fill you up

Options
I'm having a hard time getting full (satisfied not stuffed) after eating my meals. I try to do whole wheat when possible for carbs, and I've heard vegetables fill you up but they don't fill me up! I just ate about a cup and a half of pasta (was not whole wheat though because I was out) and some broccoli and cauliflower and I'm still kind of hungry! Any suggestions? I was thinking about eating an apple. Or am I having trouble because I am used to eating til I'm stuffed and going for seconds, and my body is just still adjusting??

Replies

• frenchfri87
    frenchfri87 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Try adding some lean protein to your meals!

As for tonight, go for the apple, fiber usually helps fill me up :flowerforyou:
  • hoytless
    Options
    My body took about three weeks to adjust to smaller meals and I still have trouble some days.

Protein usually fills me up and I tend to keep chicken or cucumbers/carrots handy - vegetables have almost no calories and are easy to eat more of.
  • AmyJopp
    AmyJopp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    try oatmeal mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Chicken, oatmeal, whole wheat pasta, whole wheat bread and bagels, tortillas. Rice also fills you up.
  • lfholland
    lfholland Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I was first starting, not that I have been doing this long, beans really helped me out. For example, I would add shredded chicken breast season with something similar to taco-seasoning to black beans with garlic, onions and peppers. You can add a piece of turkey bacon for a little extra flavor too. This would keep me full for hours.

Staying busy helps more than anything though.