How long have you desired to be thin?

Options
Hello,

This is my first post in the forum community. Let me tell you about myself. Read if you want!!

My weight has fluctuated a bit since puberty. I am a 25 year old female standing at 5'5" (165cm) and 145 lbs (66kg). I have been up to as much as 175 at one point in my life. Though at that time I was completely ignorant of my weight or size. Right now thinking about 30 more pounds on me is like impossible to think about. But, mostly my weight stayed around 160 lbs.

A goal weight of mine has always been 130 lbs. I have wanted to be thin and beautiful for so long but never felt like I could be.
Thinking even lower than 130...like 115 or 110 is like unimaginable but perhaps attainable in a healthy way of course.

I have thought about this weight of 130 since maybe 10th grade of high school when I guess I started holding a lot of weight. Now I am a bit smaller than I have been for quite a while. I just want to make it down to 130 and keep it there. A "normal weight" in my opinion.

MFP members how can I make this happen? I try to eat only 1200 calories a day but it is usually more around 1600-1800.

I am trying to incorporate more cardio exercise into my daily life.

What kind of plan do I need to make and stick to in order to see some pounds come off?

How long will it take to lose 15 pounds?

Replies

• thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    My post sounds a little vapid. But I can ensure you I am really not a person only concerned about my image. This is just something I have wanted for such a long time and have never been able to do it. :(
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I am the same height as you and the only time I was 110 was in 7th grade and it was super skinny. I always hated my body no matter what weight I was and I always thought my boobs were too big even back when they were only B's. I have way more muscle than back then (and boobs) so I think it would be impossible without starving myself. 140 is my goal right now.
  • emegburg
    emegburg Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    In my opinion the number on the scale is not important. You can take two people at the same height and same weight, undress them, and they make look completely different naked. I'm 5'10" and throughout high school and college, I averaged 135-140lbs. But the best shape I've ever been in my life was at 150lbs. ...because that extra weight was from muscle. Toned is much more attractive than skinny. If you're really obsessed with a particular number, you need to eat a carefully balanced diet with the proper nutrition. Then you need to step up your cardio, but don't forget about weight training.
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    your stats are really similar to mine.

i'm 22 yrs, 5'5" and currently 144 (less than i weighed in 6th grade!!).

by 10th grade, i had gotten up to around 190. i realized what i was doing to my body & became vegan. within 6 months, i had dropped around 40 pounds. it was just a result of eating better, not deliberately eating less or exercising more. i maintained around 150-160 for years. after my first year of college (more exercise, 3 jobs at once) i was down to around 140 -- again, no effort, it kind of just happened.

i dropped out of college after my first year and moved to the caribbean. i became vegetarian (you would think that would be a big deal after being vegan for 3+ years, but it was a really natural transition). i put on about 15-20 pounds. combination of eating and drinking too much and not moving around enough. surprisingly snorkeling wears you out and makes you a lot hungrier than the cals burnt would suggest.. i maintained around 155-160 for these last three years.

i joined MFP about a month and a half ago. it's the first time i've ever tried to deliberately lose weight & get fit (mostly get fit!!), so i'm still a total noob to all this and probably don't have that much advice to offer you, seeing as we've both lost the same amount so far. i can't see your diary or anything, but it looks like whatever you've been doing is working great! :) give it time girl & keep it up!!

i set my net cal goal to 1300 because i figure slower loss = easier maintenance. it still seems kinda low but it's only around 100 cals lower from my TDEEx.8 and since i don't have a food scale i figure i should factor in a little room for error and underestimating my food... i'm exercising because i really enjoy it (who knew!!) and eating back most of my exercise calories (yay more foods)..

i don't eat out or really eat a ton of processed foods, so it's easy for me to feel full within my calorie goal.. if you're struggling to eat within your goal, maybe try and switch your foods up a little to more filling options? again i can't see your diary so i'm just talking out the asz here :)

anyway wow oops for the ramble

you. CAN. do. this!! -- just keep trying until you find what works best for you :)
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    i think i know what you mean by your initial post -- just wanting to feel better and more comfortable in your body.. not necessarily 'i must be 130 lbs to be thin'

though the other posters have pointed out a really valid point about the irrelevance (to a degree) of the number on the scale. that's why my goal is to get "fit" -- it just so happens that with my short frame i've got to drop some more fat before that'll really happen lol
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    *Waiting for someone to get on the anti-1200 cal rampage.* :grumble:

Also, to answer the title of your topic: I have never desired to be thin.

And to answer one of your questions; Calories in must be less than calories out. It's the only way to lose weight. Seemingly you're on the right track, eating to where you're not constantly hungry and adding some movement.

Good luck on this journey! :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Um. Never? Muscular, fit, strong, and hardcore badass m'fer yes. Thin has never really been priority.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    *Waiting for someone to get on the anti-1200 cal rampage.* :grumble:

Also, to answer the title of your topic: I have never desired to be thin.

And to answer one of your questions; Calories in must be less than calories out. It's the only way to lose weight. Seemingly you're on the right track, eating to where you're not constantly hungry and adding some movement.

Good luck on this journey! :drinker:

Anti 1200 calorie rampage for a woman who professes to eat around 1600-1800 calories most of the time? That would odd.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Um. Never? Muscular, fit, strong, and hardcore badass m'fer yes. Thin has never really been priority.

All of this ^^^ for me, please! Plus a side of adventure.
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Ohh good, you guys really make me think about it when you answered with "never." I think...110 or even 120 might be a little ridiculous for me. But it is just like a world I have never experienced before and I am honestly curious to see what I would look and feel like at that weight. This is my first time joining the community here but maybe I will open up my diary so people can have a look at what I am eating! Can you blog on this website?? Maybe I will start doing that too. I love being part of informative and supportive community. hehe