Need to get back to reality.

Bethany28
Bethany28 Posts: 263
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi everyone! I have really fallen off the wagon for the past couple of weeks. It doesn't help that I work at Outback now and have to watch the other servers stuff their faces with cheese fries and bloomin' onions. I still work out and eat good most of the time, but I really lost my passion that I had at the start of this journey.

I decided about 20 minutes ago that tomorrow is a new day and I am going to get real with myself again. This morning I weighed 150.6 I am going home for Thanksgiving and I want to lose 5.6 pounds by then and then I am going to visit my inlaws for Christmas and I want to lose another 5 from Thanksgiving to Christmas for a total of 10.6 pounds by Christmas. My goal for next year is to lose my last 15 pounds to be at the lowest of my range for a healthy weight for my height (5'8"). I also plan to continue to tone up next year even after reaching my goal.

However, if I lose this next 10.6 pounds and feel comfortable with myself I will adjust my goals and just focus on toning.

Replies

• I can completely relate. I have done nothing but go to HEB bakery every other day for the past couple of weeks. On top of that, my husband and I love to cook, and what we've been cooking is completely unhealthy. I used to fix my own version of the same thing in a healthier way, and then let my husband and son eat the "good" stuff. But, for some reason I have been just eating with them.
    I haven't felt like running or anything because of these really bad habits that I have fallen back into. What it boils down to is that I have just gotten too comfortable and lazy.

I can honestly say I feel just sick right now. I have no idea why I gorge myself because I only end up feeling guilty. Plus, I've gained pound after pound and have chalked it up to "water weight." But, I know that's not true- water weight goes away, and this hasn't.

So, I'm with you- I'm getting back to reality. No more excuses. No more whoopi pies- haha. I'm gonna buckle down starting tomorrow with a bowl of oats.

Good luck to you- I know that we can do this. One day at a time. :)
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    I know we can! I have lost 28 pounds so far, but the last few weeks or so I haven't lost anything because I haven't tried. I would love to lost that 5.6 by Thanksgiving! And the other 5 by Christmas! Some on here are doing a 20 by Christmas, which I thought about, but I know I would get discouraged if I didn't lose it so I am setting a 10.6 instead! We have to keep going even when we don't want to.
This discussion has been closed.