Hi! Happy New Year! New to being accountable

Options
jhacker
jhacker Posts: 301 Member
I joined tyhis with a friend about a month ago and haven't taken it seriously. I need to. I am currenty 225 and would love to get down in the 160's as an overall goal. I am very busy (aren't we all). I used to be very athletic and it has become very depressing for me to be so overweight and out of shape. I need someone to push me!! Good luck to everyone!

Replies

• jhacker
    Options
    I joined tyhis with a friend about a month ago and haven't taken it seriously. I need to. I am currenty 225 and would love to get down in the 160's as an overall goal. I am very busy (aren't we all). I used to be very athletic and it has become very depressing for me to be so overweight and out of shape. I need someone to push me!! Good luck to everyone!
  • texasdreams000
    Options
    Hi!

Your heading caught my eye. I have been overweight for more than 20 years! Yikes.. sounds terrilble but now is the time to make some changes. I'm here for you if you need a friend.

Valerie
  • Aisha
    Aisha Posts: 10
    Options
    I'll push ya. I joined a couple of days ago . I am 5"1 and way a whopping 172 pounds. I have put on 3 stones which is 42 ponds I think.
  • jhacker
    Options
    Thanks, I really need a push. I am sitting here crying as I watch Biggest Loser. I feel so pathetic! I start tomorrow with exercise!!
  • Aisha
    Aisha Posts: 10
    Options
    Don't cry my love. I will hold your hand. remember your the boss. :)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    You are not pathetic!!! You are just like all of us who have made a choice to get healthy.

We are all at a different place but the result we seek is the same. You can do this. We are all here to help each other. Make some friends and keep your chin up.

Best of luck you can do this.
    :flowerforyou:
  • kiawah
    kiawah Posts: 2
    Options
    :laugh: Hey hacker......I thought the same thing, "sitting" there watching the biggest looser and thinking...hey, I really do need to get serious about loosing some weight. Made a resolution last year, and have stopped long enough over this holiday (and away from work), to realize I haven't lost a pound, I've actually gained weight this year.

That's over, I'm serious now. Going to chart out my results, get serious about watching and tracking what I eat, and spend 1/2 hour each morning to exercise.
  • tuckstoys
    Options
    I need to hold myself accountable. My big downfalls are sweets. You name it, I love it. Chocolate, ice cream, donuts, etc. I've spent the last 2 days watching the Biggest Loser (Australia) marathon and then watched the new season for The Biggest Loser tonight. I am so ready to make a change. I need help with keeping away from the sweets and not being hungry. I know the hunger comes from not eating the right foods. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Bronwyn