New Here: Low Carber!

Options
Hi All!
I'm a Low Carber and just wanted to say Hello and hopefully meet people who are needing/offering support!

Thanks,
Chris :)

Replies

• kristinamillar88
    Options
    iv been on a week and low carbs too. gonna check weight measure tomoz gulp! xxx
  • weaving2fast
    weaving2fast Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome. I'm low carb too but prob should be lower. You'll find lots of support here.
  • Chris_1974
    Options
    iv been on a week and low carbs too. gonna check weight measure tomoz gulp! xxx

This is Day 11 for Me. I've done this before (about 11 yrs ago).
  • kateydouglas
    kateydouglas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing my low carb hardcore since Monday, I can never wait a week before weighing myself. Just cant do it. Anyhow I love it but I do miss fruit. :) Good luck on your journey, I'm sure if you put your mind to it you will accomplish your goal.
  • Chris_1974
    Options
    I've been doing my low carb hardcore since Monday, I can never wait a week before weighing myself. Just cant do it. Anyhow I love it but I do miss fruit. :) Good luck on your journey, I'm sure if you put your mind to it you will accomplish your goal.

Congrats on the 2lb loss! I try not to be obsessed with the scale. It would drive Me nuts. I weigh on Sunday mornings. I understand the fruit part. Thank God for sugar free jello. LOL
  • teresa77447
    Options
    I do low carbs but not to the extreme that atkins does. Tried that and it was to restrictive for me. I stay under 60 a day. I looked into Chris Powells carb cycling but I think its to restrictive. Do any of you find that while eating this way you eat fewer calories and are satisfied? Monday and Tuesday I was at under 1200 calories but was not hungry.
  • Chris_1974
    Options
    I do low carbs but not to the extreme that atkins does. Tried that and it was to restrictive for me. I stay under 60 a day. I looked into Chris Powells carb cycling but I think its to restrictive. Do any of you find that while eating this way you eat fewer calories and are satisfied? Monday and Tuesday I was at under 1200 calories but was not hungry.

I'm actually staying at or under 20 grams of Carbs each day. It seems to work for Me. I haven't actually looked at My Calorie intake but I assume it goes up and down depending on what I eat and how many fats I allow, such as butter/cream/salad dressing/mayo etc...
  • cindirookbanman
    cindirookbanman Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    my only caution is that unless you're in ketosis (a fat-burning metabolic state) you need carbs for energy. Ketosis is kind of an all or nothing thing and requires that you only consume 25-40g of Net Carbs (grams carbs minus grams fiber) each day. Otherwise it can be very hard on your body. (btw - when I'm in ketosis properly I'm rarely hungry)
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    if you need support to be a "low carber" then why do it? i lost 22lbs eating lovely carbs that give my body the fuel it needs.
  • Gatlen
    Gatlen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Babydeigo87 - Everyone wants support when taking on a new task. If you lost weight eating carbs, good job. Well done in fact. Not everyone loses the same.

I've been in ketosis for about 2 months now and I feel great. I run everyday and lift every other day. I feel like I have a lot more energy than I had before and I never feel that overpowering hungry feeling anymore.
  • ehorn625
    ehorn625 Posts: 144
    Options
    if you need support to be a "low carber" then why do it? i lost 22lbs eating lovely carbs that give my body the fuel it needs.

Some of us do low carb for a variety of reasons. For me, the more carbs I eat, the more carbs I want to eat. I find it best
    to just keep them to a minimum. Works for me. I say "do what works for you!" Good luck!
  • penguin817
    Options
    Newbie myself, and starting low carb on Monday, nervous though because I don't care for eggs.... Any suggestions for breakfast foods, following the Adkins or South Beach plans (both seems identical in phase I)?
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Newbie myself, and starting low carb on Monday, nervous though because I don't care for eggs.... Any suggestions for breakfast foods, following the Adkins or South Beach plans (both seems identical in phase I)?

You don't have to eat eggs for breakfast. Look up Bulletproof coffee - that is what I have for breakfast. Or, bacon, cheese, coffee with heavy cream. How low carb are you going?
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options

What really helped me was to stop thinking of foods as belonging to certain meals. This might sound really obvious to you, or perhaps not, but dinner leftovers at breakfast are quick and easy....also rather tasty. Sometimes I like a salad with meat at breakfast as well, or even a lettuce wrapped burger.
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Guys, in case you don't know, there is no point in low carb diets.