Starting again!! Arghhh

Options
Hey

This time last year I lost 3.5 Stone in about 17 weeks, I didn't really have a life though I was sooooo dedicated. I then however stopped and gained it all back! :(

So determined again to loose it! And more! I am using herbalife shakes for breakfast and lunch as I do ridiculous shift work which really doesn't allow for meals etc. I also find I'm better staying away from food, as once I start eating it all does wrong. Whereas if I avoid food I don't crave it.

I am going to start walking each evening to begin my fitness again, then i'll rejoin the gym when I don't feel as useless & self conscious.

p.s if you want to tell me herbalife is a money racket blah blah please don't bother, I have read alllll the other posts and already bought the product to kickstart things, so keep those opinions to yourself.

Goal is to loose 5stone, by whatever means!

Replies

• FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome back. I did the same thing last year, but seems that some good came from it, as I am now more determined than ever. Use that anger to keep from falling off the bus again.

Stay strong.
  • maireadikins
    maireadikins Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will. I honestly think maintaining will be the hardest part! Its a life long battle.
  • FredSetToGetFit
    FredSetToGetFit Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hey, if you see it as a battle, you will be fighting every day. I think it gets easier with time. I would say when at maintenance to give yourself a 2kg buffer and if you get that much heavier, lose it immediately. After that, just enjoy life.
  • jjleigh94
    jjleigh94 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me too!
    I'm determined not to give up this time!!!
    Good luck !!
  • MysticKitty
    Options
    I am back again as well. Good luck to each and every one of you and feel free to add!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Hey

This time last year I lost 3.5 Stone in about 17 weeks, I didn't really have a life though I was sooooo dedicated. I then however stopped and gained it all back! :(

So determined again to loose it! And more! I am using herbalife shakes for breakfast and lunch as I do ridiculous shift work which really doesn't allow for meals etc. I also find I'm better staying away from food, as once I start eating it all does wrong. Whereas if I avoid food I don't crave it.

I am going to start walking each evening to begin my fitness again, then i'll rejoin the gym when I don't feel as useless & self conscious.

p.s if you want to tell me herbalife is a money racket blah blah please don't bother, I have read alllll the other posts and already bought the product to kickstart things, so keep those opinions to yourself.

Goal is to loose 5stone, by whatever means!

you lost so much weight so quickly last year by starving yourself and doing lots of cardio, right?

then you stopped when you reached your goal and gained it all back.

now one year later, you are planning to do the same?

you are not learning from the mistakes of your past.

meal replacement shakes are not magic. in essence, they are little more than any other run-of-the-mill deprivation diet. as soon as you stop using them, you gain all of the weight back and usually some extra simply because you DIETED instead of changing how you eat. it's a cliche, but you need to make a lifestyle change in order to lose weight and maintain that loss for the rest of your life. don't diet. don't starve yourself. understand the science behind weight loss and make changes that you can live with for the rest of your life... otherwise, you'll be here in October 2014 making the exact same post all over again.
  • tinni0608
    Options
    I'm on the same boat as you. Lost a bunch of weight last year but then got lazy and gained it all back... But now I'm determined to keep it up!

If anyone wants to add me feel free :)
  • DancingThroughFire
    DancingThroughFire Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    this is my second time around too, we can do it just need to get a support system to hold you accountable