Disappointed in myself.

Options
I am so disappointed in myself for letting this go on for so long. Not even 8 months ago I could at least do 20 crunches....I tried to do one yesterday and I can't even do one, I am in pain to just try and pull myself up. I could not believe it.....I could not believe i let myself go this bad.
I need to change the way I live.....

Replies

• lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you're disappointed in yourself! I know how much damage disappointment can cause to a person and their personal "issues" or whatever that they deal with. But don't let this stop you!! Keep going! Just start from where you are and KNOW for a certainty that you will get back to those 20 crunches sooner then you may realize. You can do it!! Even though it's a complete stranger from some random fitness website telling you that you can succeed... it's very true and it's gonna happen as long as you don't let your disappointment get the best of you. :)
  • murraygal21
    murraygal21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey just get back at it! That's all you can do -- and remember how you feel right now whenever you think of quitting!
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    Tomorrow is Monday, and a good day to start doing your crunches. Do whatever you can tomorrow, and then do some more on Wednesday, and then some more on Friday. By Christmas, you should be able to do five minutes of crunches without breaking a sweat. With that said, if you wanna flat tummy, crunches isn't necessarily the way to go. What you wanna do is have a diet of lean meats, veggies, and so on. It wouldn't hurt to do some walking, light weight lifting, and some running when you build yourself up to it. With all that said, you'll eventually be able to do all the crunches you wanna do.
  • jtinker2010
    Options
    I have "fallen off the wagon" so to speak and after working my *kitten* off all summer, have gotten a little bit flabby again. But tonight I am re-committing and tomorrow is a new day. So let's get back into it again, together.

Good luck. Be gentle to yourself. Every day is a chance to do better than the day before.

JT
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Hey just get back at it! That's all you can do -- and remember how you feel right now whenever you think of quitting!

Well said:)
    Each day is a NEW day and no matter what even if it's one crunch, it's one crunch more than what you did the day before.

I wish you the best of luck and with the support you get here, I'm sure you'll reach your goal:heart:
  • macbikegeek
    macbikegeek Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Breanna,

Making changes is never easy. You have put your finger on what you have to do in your last sentence..."I need to change the way I live....." That's a hard thing to do. So you have to forgive yourself and try again, just like the other folks who replied said.

It doesn't happen overnight, but you've been there so we all know you can get there again. Slow and steady and make the changes in diet and exercise a habit - we all have to make those changes permanently. And everyone here is rooting for you - we've all been through multiple tries and backslides and disappointment over that.

The trick is to just get going again and remember the long term goal, but take the journey one step at a time. We get there and make the changes by doing a little bit each day and getting better at it over time. You can do it!

Best,
    Lee
  • Lulu2929
    Options
    start with one crunch and before you know it you'll be doing 20. Don't feel disappointed in yourself. Just make up your mind to look forward and forget the past, It's over can't change it.
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over this. Start slowly and before you know it, you'll be doing lots of crunches. I am in a similar situation. I used to be able to do a lot of push ups but I have since developed carpal tunnel syndrome and now it hurts to do them. I am working my way back into doing them without damaging myself. Baby steps.