Hating Haters for critiquing others for achievements

Options
izWHATitIz
izWHATitIz Posts: 73 Member
Not sure how many have seen this articles but it really disturbes me when others hate for someones success.

http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/hot-mom-defends-herself-against-facebook-haters-192149769.html

Replies

• candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    I hate people who lose weight eating 600 cals a day, because they are idiots.

I think women who are disciplined and motivated enough to lose weight with little children are amazing.
  • madison5302
    madison5302 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hate haters too. I also think that this is the place to brag and discuss weight loss. Talking about weight loss with people who are not as successful or as willing to strive toward success can be 'rubbing their nose in it.' Everyone comes from a different place and these anti supporters may have their own fears and reasons for their behavior.
    This is why I post my success here, in what I call Facebook-for-dieters, and not on other social media. I love the support here and understand that we are all working on our weight and health.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Wow OP....where have you been. We have been discussing this in detail for like the past week or so.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    we are all here for the same reason.
    I do not share with facebook, only the people here
    know what I am trying to do.
    It is hard to take the weight off and even harder to keep it off
    I never want to be obese again!!!!
  • awise19
    awise19 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I went on a twitter rant the other day...
    I posted a bunch of pictures of pregnant women working out HARD... and said what is your excuse
    haha
    Of course people got all upset, talking about how dangerous that is and they would rather keep their baby alive.
    When all of those women had perfectly healthy babies.
    Of course, if you haven't worked out before pregnancy you SHOULD NOT start when you are pregnant.
    But people still got butthurt.

There will always be someone that gets butthurt.
    But really 95% of them are jealous and have no excuse to not be eating healthy and working out.
    Sorry to burst their little bubble of denial. Oh well.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Wow OP....where have you been. We have been discussing this in detail for like the past week or so.

Oh yeah the "why is this at all controversia;?" thread... what happened to that??
  • njbh86
    njbh86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    "I Hate Hate Haters" by NOFX

It's OK
    Allow yourself a little hate
    Hatred is not so bad
    When directed at injustice
    You can turn the other cheek
    Just don't turn the other way

Etc.

So yeah, it's fine to hate people who are doing wrong, or criticise people who are losing in an unsafe, stupid way. In the case of the article OP cites, good on the woman for losing and being super fit while having her kids. Can't be easy. And unless someone can point out where she is doing something that is WRONG, of course we shouldn't hate on her. All the hate so far has been based in jealousy or assumptions, designed to make the hater feel less ****ty about their own failings - "well of course she can do that, she [blah blah bull**** reason]."
  • awise19
    awise19 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    we are all here for the same reason.
    I do not share with facebook, only the people here
    know what I am trying to do.
    It is hard to take the weight off and even harder to keep it off
    I never want to be obese again!!!!

The greatest part is, with that mentality you never have to be again! Keep up the great work!