New and motivated

Options
Hi Everyone,

I just signed up and I am hoping I can really keep track of my exercise and eating habits and make them good habits. I am 40 years single mother of four kids. I work full time and also go to college so I am very busy and usually if I am working too much on one thing something will get left behind and that is usually my diet. I am hoping to make myself part of the women forty and over looking better than when I was under forty. LOL

Replies

• AKJill65
    AKJill65 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am over 40 as well and am trying to get to a reasonable weight. I have 80lbs to loose. Will be trying once again to be healthy. You sound incredibly busy, Kudos to you for continuing ur education and raising 4 on your own.
  • jen_ferrante
    jen_ferrante Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm not over 40, but my body feels like I'm about 60 because of the almost 100 extra pounds I'm carrying around. As long as we stay focused on the end result and faithfully log in to this site to track our eating and exercise habits, we can make it happen! :happy:
  • rosie99cats
    rosie99cats Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm 51 and new to this too - but after one week have lost 4lbs, so am really pleased - thats 10% of the total I'm aiming to lose. I love this - it's so much more detailed than anything like WW so you can check you're getting the nutrients you need, and I can enter my foods from my phone so it's easy to get into the habit of recording everything I'm eating.
    I have only dieted once before in my life, and the two things that made the most difference to me then and I'm sure will now, were these; record everything you eat honestly, as for one thing it will shock you how much you normally eat and make you very quickly much more of a mindful eater (mine became mindless grazing, hence the weight gain!) and the other tip I found made a massive difference was, whenever possible, know 24hrs ahead what you will eat, as then you don't need to feel hungry or deprived. Changing habits really doesn't take that long.

I want to hit 52 feeling far better and moving more quickly, and I have a very big motivator as my partner proposed recently and I am NOT going to be an overweight middle aged bride! Never thought I'd be planning a wedding at my time of life for sure! I am in UK.....

Hello to everyone out there!
    Rosie. :-)