Watching weight

Options
How often should you weigh yourself?

Replies

• weatheredcheese
    weatheredcheese Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    There is no correct answer, it depends on 'you'
    I weigh myself weekly, others daily, as long as you are consistent I don't think it matters.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Ok - some people can weigh everyday and not get flustered by the normal ups & downs.

If ups & downs bug you .....do NOT weigh everyday.

Some people weigh once a week ....keep in mind a high sodium day (the day before weigh in) can throw it off. Women have normal hormonal ups & downs.

Other people never weigh .....when you are closer to goal MEASUREMENTS are far more telling. Some people choose to just measure.
  • nikkiclaire123
    Options
    i weigh every day, for me its motivational. if im up i work harder and if im down i want to be lower. win win
  • Littlestandrews
    Littlestandrews Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Once a month.

But I'm the type of person who gets discouraged by the daily ups and downs. Find the method that keeps you on course.
  • PinkCoconut
    PinkCoconut Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself is actually the WORST indicator of success as your body weight fluctuates daily AND doesn't really account for muscle gain (unless you have one of those super duper fancy scales). Once per week MAX is enough but also make sure that you're measuring yourself and PLEASE take photos! I know you probably don't want to see yourself half naked in a picture right now but I know from experience that after two months of hard work I didn't think I achieved anything because the numbers didn't budge but when I put side-by-side befores and afters of myself together I looked like I had dropped 20 lbs!