Anyone having a goal weight party?

Options
I'm only about 12 lbs from my original goal weight. TWELVE POUNDS! :bigsmile:

While I'm sure I won't be "satisfied" with my body in 12 more pounds, when I set my goal, I thought that hitting 140 lbs was attainable and would give me a decent body that I could be good with, and start the "refining" process. (toning)

SO, I'm considering, when I lose these 12 more pounds, having a goal weight party.

I am thinking of inviting a few friends (3 of them) to spend an evening with me. All of them are stay at home moms like me.

Maybe get a hotel room for the 4 of us, find out about getting a cab for the day/night.

Go get mani/pedis, maybe go get makeup done at the mall, go try on clothes and buy an outfit, have dinner out at like Olive Garden or someplace like that, hit a couple of bars/clubs, and then go back to the hotel and watch a scary movie before we go to bed. And then have breakfast somewhere in the morning before we all go home.

What do you all think? :smile: I think it would be fun, and I think I'll have enough time to save up to pay for most of the expenses for everyone (at least the hotel and cab).

Please let me know what you think, and if you can think of any other ideas, I'd be open to it for sure! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kelseysmommy
    Options
    I think that sounds awesome! You are such an inspiration and I think it's important to reward yourself for hitting goals. I have a problem setting them but I say party it up once you hit yours! I also think its great that you are close to your goal and are already preparing for the next one! It's not all about being skinny, it's about being healthy and looking your best!

Take your girls out and tear up the town! You have earned it!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I never thought about it, but that sounds like a GREAT plan!
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    What a great idea and sounds like fun.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I have heard of people doing it! I think it is a wonderful plan!! Do it!! I think I will do it too!! The friend I would have did it with is married now, but I have another friend who is working with me now and that would be awesome way to solidify our new weights and celebrate too!
  • frankbo25
    frankbo25 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on being so close to your goal! I think it sounds great plus you deserve it. I just hit my goal yesterday Im not sure what Im gonna do to celebrate though
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou:

Congratulations, Frankbo! I hope you do something really special for yourself!!
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I am planning a big celebration for hitting one of my big goals. I am 11 pounds away from loosing 100 pounds and as a reward we are planning a big trip. I will not be done in 11 pounds, I still have another 40 or 50 to go but I had set 100 as the marker for my reward. GO FOR IT! We all deserve rewards for our hard work. Congrats on your success!
  • lillylares
    Options
    I think that amazing!! specially the part of buying new clothes! 50 is a big number you should feel so proud of your self. go to olive garden and have a bread stick on all of us that cant! :) i hope that if you go ahead and have this party you guys have an amazing and safe night. congrats on beeing so close to your goal!
  • ladyofivy
    Options
    Aww thanks guys. :smile: I'm really looking forward to this little get-together. It's going to be such a blast!!!!! I wish I could invite so many of my MFP friends. :heart:
  • iambleah
    iambleah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I SO WANT TO HAVE ONE...i didn't even know people did this i was just thinking i wanted to do this! cool!