Shakeology and Advocare

Options
I'm a Shakeology lover but I recently did the Advocare 24 day challenge and now I'm considering doing a hybrid of both programs. I like Shakeology better than the Advocare shake (tastes better, fewer calories, full of superfoods!) but I also want to keep taking the Advocare MNS Max-E packets and Catalyst. Has anyone ever tried this and how did you feel? I just want to make sure I'm not overdosing on anything if the ingredients overlap. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

Replies

• RachMarie247
    RachMarie247 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You could just eat whole plant foods and not worry about "overdosing", and actually get real nutrition as nature intended :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    This just seems like a bad idea all around. Why not just not take shakeology or advocare? They are both expensive and you can just eat real food.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    *gag* I tried Shakeology for a few weeks and thought it tasted like doody. Never. Again. :sick:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    superfoods lol
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'd save my money and eat yummy foods like chicken fried steak.
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    This just seems like a bad idea all around. Why not just not take shakeology or advocare? They are both expensive and you can just eat real food.

THIS
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I am trying my first sample of Shakeology this morning and it is terrible. I hate it. I'm glad it was a free sample and I didn't pay anything for it. Yuck!!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    You don't NEED to do either. If the intention is just to lose weight, then temporarily it can happen. But living off shakes and supplements for a life time is costly and not any more effective than just eating correctly.

Let me just mention that many supplements aren't that "pure", meaning that the manufacturing process (3rd party manufacturer in the majority of most sellers) can cross contaminate different ingredients or even ingredients not desired or where some may have a reaction to. Supplements aren't regulated due to DSHEA act, so sometimes taking them can be risky or more like a waste of money due to ineffectiveness based on actual purity and dosage of product.
    At least with food, you know you're getting a closer accuracy to nutritional content.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    There's always people that cry "I'd rather chew my food thanks" or try to convince someone they need to eat their food and not drink it.

The way I see it - if shakes work for you, go for it. I loved Shakeology. It tastes good and you get more nutrition form it than some people do from chewing food. -_- I stopped using it for other reason (ingredients I shouldn't be ingesting).
  • LisaMfit4life
    LisaMfit4life Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I would compare the 2 nutrition wise, but I will say that Shakeology is better all the way around. No artificial ingredients, no GMO's, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, etc. Everyone seems to think that Shakeology is expensive, but if you were to buy all of the vegetables, fruits, and ingredients that go into shakeology the cost is over 4 times the cost of shakeology. Besides, how can you put a price on your health? I've been drinking it for over 2 years, and I budget it into my expenses. It's only $4.00/meal which is what is spent on a starbucks coffee, McDonalds breakfast, etc. My health has improved immensely since I've been drinking it. You are going to get alot of responses to your question, but personally do your research and I guarantee you will find out that Shakeology is the better choice and that' s all you will need. Good luck.
  • Brunette122
    Brunette122 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Two of my co-workers tried advocare. First of, yes, it's very expensive. Also, they didn't see results from it. In the long run, I don't think this is the best way to go.
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    superfoods lol

QFTACIF

(quoted for truth and cuz its funny!)
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    There's always people that cry "I'd rather chew my food thanks" or try to convince someone they need to eat their food and not drink it.

The way I see it - if shakes work for you, go for it. I loved Shakeology. It tastes good and you get more nutrition form it than some people do from chewing food. -_- I stopped using it for other reason (ingredients I shouldn't be ingesting).

Oh, do tell.

...and you can make shakes that are just as good cheaper yourself. Try ON or North Coast Naturals ISO Whey protein powder.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    1391504_184653808386847_902741095_n.jpg

i cant wait to get a blender
  • Chrisschumm
    Options
    I dont want to be an *kitten* in saying this...because i know people who have tried advocare and got results...

But basically advocare is a set of vitamins and energy drink mix's with a diet plan... its expensive and you can just research what is in the "pack" and spend like 1/4 the money on some vitamins & your own diet routine. I think MFP is a more effective tool.

If advocare is within your budget by all means pay for it for convenience :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I dont want to be an *kitten* in saying this...because i know people who have tried advocare and got results...

But basically advocare is a set of vitamins and energy drink mix's with a diet plan... its expensive and you can just research what is in the "pack" and spend like 1/4 the money on some vitamins & your own diet routine. I think MFP is a more effective tool.

If advocare is within your budget by all means pay for it for convenience :)

you shush up over there with all your logic and stuff :drinker:
  • michellechawner
    Options
    I threw up my first 2 herbalife shakes - never tried shakeology or avocare just because of herbalife bad experiences - get some whey protein, and make your own smoothies - at least then you know whats in them, and i'm pretty sure produce is cheaper than those company who are trying to make a buck off us people looking for a fast fix.
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    So this is a protein shake mix basically? Or am I missing something?
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Aside from the you can get cheaper food, and making food yourself is better valid issues, my main issue with Advocare stuff (aside from very high cost and just enough nutrients to say "its there" in many mixes) is its full of Sucralose and artificial sweeteners. I'm not sure about "Shakeology" but from what I've heard its a different flavor of the same stuff basically.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    So this is a protein shake mix basically? Or am I missing something?

A protein shake is not advertised, nor intended to be a meal replacement. It is a protein supplement.

These programs advertise themselves as meal replacements, stating you can get just as much nutrition from the "replaced meal" as you can from eating food.