ACE diet pills, do they work??

Options
Hey- looking for anyone who's taking ACE, heard alot of good things- just wondering if they work. Thanks!!!

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are hogwash. You'll lose weight......but only in your wallet.
  • skrame
    skrame Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This question is a success story?
  • missmariah18
    missmariah18 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I.m taking them. Yes they work as long as your willing to eat under your calories and excersize. They work for curbing your appetite and energy making it easier for me to stay under my calorie intake.
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    Wanna know what actually does work????? eating less and moving more:flowerforyou:

43359607.png
  • michellechawner
    Options
    How about doing things the right way?

OR you can send me the money you'll spend on the pills, since it's all crap, I'll happily forward my paypal account address.

Just another person looking for a quick fix - it's sad that's what society has become. Work hard and you'll get what you want - or just spend a ton of money hoping it works and when you don't see results you'll know why
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i prefer DEUCE diet pills
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I.m taking them. Yes they work as long as your willing to eat under your calories and excersize. They work for curbing your appetite and energy making it easier for me to stay under my calorie intake.

how do you know the pills are making you lose and not the fact that your simply eating at a deficit and exercising?
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

how do you know the pills are making you lose and not the fact that your simply eating at a deficit and exercising?

Exactly! If you are eating right and exercising, you are going to have more energy and not be as hungry. There is no magic pill.
  • EdwardNortonFan43
    EdwardNortonFan43 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hey- looking for anyone who's taking ACE, heard alot of good things- just wondering if they work. Thanks!!!

Yes, they work. I have a friend who is taking them.
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I understand your question and I don't really know if they work because you're changing your lifestyle with it (eating less and moving more).

Also, I understand people's disdain for diet pills, but come on-- many of us have tried them. I know I have. Don't be hard on someone because they asked a question that many of us have asked ourselves before. Who hasn't wanted a quick fix? I get mad all the time that I gained so much weight and want to lose it quicker than how I gained it.

If you get snarky comments on here OP, just ignore it. There are really nice and inspirational people on here...and then they are meany-faces. :)
  • scrappermom96
    scrappermom96 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are an American way of wishing they could have a fast fix. ......but lets all be honest with ourselves I have been on this journey over a year and have lost over fifty pounds, Yes you heard that correct fifty pounds. I did this all by changing what I ate and how much I eat. I cut pop out and drink plenty of water which has been the tastiest water in those twelve months. Yes, I have had my struggles and I have hit platues but I can say I am not adding a chemical to my body that could later cause my heart to fail or possibly something else. I choose this path to make sure I am alive longer and healthier for my husband, and kids. You will not get positive feedback here on MFP when you mention DIET PILL.....we are all here to be supporter's but we support healthy weight loss.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options

Yes, they work. I have a friend who is taking them.

what happens to your friend when they stop taking them? I just don't understand diet pills. What is so horrible about monitoring your intake and exercising that make people think a magic pill will fix their trigger hand to the snack bowl?
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    what happens to your friend when they stop taking them? I just don't understand diet pills. What is so horrible about monitoring your intake and exercising that make people think a magic pill will fix their trigger hand to the snack bowl?
    [/quote]

I know so many who have/are taking pills for weight loss. I'm not wishing to tar everyone with the same brush but those I know have all tried 'Dieting' and either failed or put it all back on again and can't be bothered to do all the hard work again.

They may curb hunger I don't think anyone denies that but I'm very much pro-eating less moving more method.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I understand your question and I don't really know if they work because you're changing your lifestyle with it (eating less and moving more).

Also, I understand people's disdain for diet pills, but come on-- many of us have tried them. I know I have. Don't be hard on someone because they asked a question that many of us have asked ourselves before. Who hasn't wanted a quick fix? I get mad all the time that I gained so much weight and want to lose it quicker than how I gained it.

If you get snarky comments on here OP, just ignore it. There are really nice and inspirational people on here...and then they are meany-faces. :)

Well said Bravo!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SkyHighMama
    SkyHighMama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I take ACE. I also stay within my MFP calories and work out. I would still lose weight if I didn't take the pills. I am sure if you just take the pills and do nothing else you will either not lose weight or gain it right back after you stop the pills. I do not take the pills every day. I take them on days when I am feeling sluggish or when I seem to have a case of the munchies. I feel they help. Again, I am 100% putting in the work. I don't depend on the pills. But I feel they do help with appetite and energy which in turn keeps me motivated with the diet. They may not be for everyone, but if done right they can be a help.
  • Mimmaw
    Mimmaw Posts: 18
    Options
    My daughter and i both tried them, they didn't help us at all.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Yes they work as long as your willing to eat under your calories and excersize.

lololololol
  • dgbush0208
    dgbush0208 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I take them and they do curb your appetite. However, the biggest plus for me is the added boost (caffeine) i get from them. I have been involved with a long project where I work long hours and feel exhausted...... they have helped me keep up my work out schedule in addition to work tasks. They have also helped me totally give up diet coke, coffee (almost....) because of the caffeine.

I believe in hard work and eating right....but if there is something that will help.....go for it!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Yes they work as long as your willing to eat under your calories and excersize.

lololololol
    +1
  • riveroflight
    Options
    I don't know about ACE pills, but I think it's interesting that people are so unwilling to think that *any* diet pill has *any* effect. The argument seems to be that if you eat under your calorie output, and exercise, and take diet pills, then what's creating the effect is just the diet and exercise- since those alone will have you losing weight.

Well, folks, from that argument, you may as well not exercise. Dieting to calorie deficit alone will have you lose weight. Exercise without shifting diet generally will not. Therefore exercise doesn't work? No one would say that. Some diet pills may actually help burn some extra calories, or help curb appetite (read: diet). Giving the effects of better diet a boost. Just like exercise supports diet.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!