Guilt after eating...

Options
Hey guys! I'm new here, and i wanted to ask a group of people : do you ever feel guilty after eating for example what you feel like is too many carbs? Even disgusted after your meal? I recently lost a few pounds by trying to eat healthier, cleaner, and i occasionnaly feel disgusted by what i eat, or when i see all the fat (butter, oil, cream) that goes into the food my parents cook for me...
Please answer, thanks!

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Maybe you need to speak to someone such as a counsellor to address these issues
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not even a little bit. Even on days I exceed my calorie limit, I refuse to indulge in guilt. Nobody is perfect and guilt serves no purpose other than to make one feel bad about themselves. If I screw up one day, I just move on to the next.
  • shabrick00
    shabrick00 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt say guilty, but when I eat something and I know I could have made a better choice I do think about it...and sometimes I tend to dwell on it, but then I think about how to make better choices at my next meal or I have to workout a little harder to burn more
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Guilt when eating? Never. You may want to re-examine your relationship with food and/or get some professional assistance in the matter.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    OP yes, I do.

I feel guilty if I binge on stuff such as cakes, especially when I have been doing so well up until that point.

There is no need for me to see any therapist either, I know why the guilt feeling is there. There would, however, be a real problem if I binged and NEVER felt guilty. If that happened, then there would be nothing to stop me continuously bingeing in the future, therefore, I look on that feeling of guilt as a positive thing as it aids me in my journey along.

It all depends on how you look at it really :)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    ....and i occasionnaly feel disgusted by what i eat, or when i see all the fat (butter, oil, cream) that goes into the food my parents cook for me...

Learn to cook. Cook for yourself. Problem solved.
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I used to feel this way a lot... when I had the mindset of "good" and "bad" foods. Now I don't think of foods as "good" or "bad", but simply as fuel. Sometimes I put too much fuel in...or put unleaded in when I needed premium. But, I just shrug my shoulders and go on. I have thousands of future meals to make a wiser decision. One meal didn't make me fat.

Guilt is toxic...do whatever you can to find a better mindset.
  • weaving2fast
    weaving2fast Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Lately as I've become more accountable to myself I start the guilt before I even get to eat. I keep telling myself that even if I ate something bad the satisfaction would only be short term but the guilt would be long term. The stronger the will I have the better I feel.
  • Shellerini
    Shellerini Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I actually have a cheat meal everyday and I don't feel guilty ( well, most of the time :P )
    I just don't want to limit myself to certain food so I eat what I want but in moderation. I would not be able to stay on for long on diets such as keto or paleo because they limit the food you can eat. Today, for example, I had 2 choux pastry profiteroles with chocolate, a bag of crisps and a mini bag of Rolos and I loved them :D
    I had pasta for dinner and I had quite a bit of it. I just love food and theres no way I'm gonna feel guilty after eating.
    But I do feel a bit ashamed of not working out regularly.

Love your food, its yummy ;)
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Hell no, I enjoy every single morsel. :love:

I just make sure I fit it into my day.
  • dee_ngure
    Options
    It happens but you totally can't beat yourself to it maximize your cheat days and you don't have to feel all the craving ????????
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Maybe you need to speak to someone such as a counsellor to address these issues

This.
  • ConverseJack
    Options
    No, why would anyone feel guilty about food? :S
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Hell no, I enjoy every single morsel. :love:

I just make sure I fit it into my day.
    Yep.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    You mean like this?
    tumblr_lxazi1AG181r6aoq4o1_250.gif

ummm......NO!
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I feel guilty on days when I dont get enough calories.
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    There is no need for me to see any therapist either, I know why the guilt feeling is there. There would, however, be a real problem if I binged and NEVER felt guilty. If that happened, then there would be nothing to stop me continuously bingeing in the future, therefore, I look on that feeling of guilt as a positive thing as it aids me in my journey along.

You are 1 in a million. I commend you (not sarcastically AT ALL) on being able to look at food guilt this way.

Unfortunately for MANY people who have guilt after eating it has less to do with the food and more to do with how they feel about themselves. Thus peoples suggestions to see a counselor.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    There's no bad food and you should never feel guilty about eating, if you overeat one day then get back on track the next day and maybe go for a nice long run. You need to be comfortable with yourself and self-loathing is very destructive. If you find your parents' cooking too high fat maybe you could offer to make dinner a couple of times a week, wow them with some tasty low fat recipes and convert them to healthy eating :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    not guilty - just poppin waistbands
  • An8888
    An8888 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't necessarily feel guilty anymore, but I know if I over eat high carb/calorie/fat/sugar foods, it can't happen every day, or even every week. I've come to the point where I realize that eating a certain type of food in excess may slow down my weight loss plan, but it won't stop it. If I over do it one day because of a celebration or get-together, I just go back to my normal diet and daily calories the next. I don't try to "adjust" by eating less the next day, which I used to do out of paranoia and guilt.