never give up !

beverly2013
beverly2013 Posts: 6
edited September 22 in Introduce Yourself
:wink: Never Give Up !
Hello Everyone!

My Name is Beverly I am 43 yrs. old and a grandmother of eleven. Our most recent addition was born on Monday October 11th another little girl. Her name is Samantha Nicole, she weighed 6lbs and 1oz and ske was 20in long. Mom and Baby went home on Oct 14 happy and healthy.

My motivation for getting in shape is so that I can have the energy to keep up with all of these grandchildren, to get a handle on things before they get out of control. I would like to still be around when they get married and have children of their own.

I have been exercising and dieting my a_ _ off for six weeks now to no avail untill I found this site and in 5 days I lost 3lbs. I know I didnt believe it myself but I guess I actually had no idea how to count calories I think I have it now, I just have to get my macros balanced out.

I am looking forward to meeting new people and hearing new ideas on dieting and exercising effectively.

I think I was on the brink of giving up when I found this site because I had been working sooo hard and seeing no results. My husband only dieted for the last week and a half and lost 3lbs NO EXERCISE !!!! and still enjoyed a beer after work it just didnt seem right.

Anyway, I am happy to be here and I wish everyone the best of luck !

Replies

• ood luck to you:flowerforyou:
  • ood luck to you:flowerforyou:

oops I meant good luck to you!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Welcome! Try not to compare yourself to your husband as men drop weight quicker then us women. Sad but true. Congrats on the new grand baby! Weigh and measure your food until you do I don't think you realize how must more you are eat over the portion size. Read your labels and drink your water. You can do it!
  • thanks
  • Thanks for the advice and crongrats. I know men burn calories differently it just sucks that he doesnt have to exercise. Lol. I really need to start paying attention to the cholesterol levels on the lables, evrry thing else is pretty balanced. Thanks again and have a great day !:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.