Revitalization Plan

Mdin1029
Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Revitalization Plan

My plan is to stick with this for 14 days and keep a log to see if I increase my energy levels and mental clarity. My main focus will be adding lots of green veggies as well as other colored veggies.

The plan:

Night:

Sleep 9 hours

No tv, laptop, or cell phone or 30 minutes before bed

Pray before sleeping

Morning:

Wake up, brush teeth, wash face, drink 1 cup water

Walk outside for 5 minutes

Drink lemon water

Drink green smoothie (2 cups power greens, ½ cup frozen blueberries, water or almond milk) or eat eggs with veggies

Shower

Pray

Eat a good quality multi-vitamin

Mid-morning:

Water, Coconut water

Eat an apple and almonds or boiled egg and toast

Lunch: water, veggies, lean protein

Exercise

Dinner: water, veggies, lean protein

Highly Limit: added sugar, coffee, anything processed

After 10 days: limit bread and dairy

Yoga 1x a week

Green juice at least 1x a week

Vegetarian 1x a week

30 minute jog 3x a week

30 minutes strength training 3x a week

Walk more in general, more activity

8+ glasses of water

Take stairs at work

10/16/13

Today I ate:

Breakfast-homemade banana bread, coffee, 3 tbl half and half, sweet and low (bad start!)

Morning snack-water with juice of 1 lemon, smoothie = 2/3 cup blackberries, 1 cup baby spinach, 2/3 cup greek yogurt, water

Lunch-1 cup basmati rice, ¾ cup chicken skewer, 1/3 cup greek yogurt, 1/3 cup potato cutlet

Afternoon snacks-evening snacks ¼ cup raw almonds, kale chips homemade 2 batches, ½ cup orange juice, ½ avocado, 1 tbl peanut butter and 1 slice whole grain bread

Dinner-1 baked wild salmon filet, 1 head baby bok choy sautéed in garlic, butter, turmeric powder, sea salt, cumin

Water- over 8 cups

What has helped you have more energy?

Replies

• Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Actually reading this took energy out of me. You're not a professional planner are you?

I find it more exciting just to fake my way through this and act like I know what I'm doing. Seems to work.

For me it's all about balancing the right amount of calories to sustain weight loss without interfering with workouts. Sleep, water and making healthy choices.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Hi Mdin,

I too am a planner. Each weekday morning, after I do my gym workouts, I prepare and input my food for the day that I will take to work with me. The only thing outside of those meals I buy is a sugar free covered pretzel form a local shop because it's my daily treat.

The weekends, I plan my meals a head of time, but sometimes I play it by ear. I play with the numbers to see how I can stay within my calorie goal. It's really fun.

I really understand the planning so much. My long-time beau, who has just stared using MFP, says that I am just a bit anal about it all. He's right, but I am working toward learning some new ways of dealing with food that I have either (1) forgotten about or (2) did not know about.

Trust the process, that's what making a lifestyle change is all about.

Good luck on your revitalization plan! :smile:
  • polluxy
    polluxy Posts: 31
    That sounds great! I might actually steal your plan.

A huge thing for me is getting 9 hours of sleep and no electronics before bed...grad school destroyed that for me and I haven't quite gotten back into the swing of things yet. I really try to limit my grains and instead opt for veggies, nuts, fats and proteins. My mood and energy levels seem to be more stable and I have fewer sugar cravings when I cut grains and processed food.

I've been trying to incorporate meditation and more walking/outside time as well. Perhaps I do just need to pencil it in and make it a habit instead of the "when I feel like it" mentality.

Good luck, keep us posted!
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Thanks for all the feedback and tips! Haha, yes I do have an over-planning problem, and I enjoy making lists way too much. So far I found the morning 5 minute walk made me feel great. It seems like a crazy thing to do instead of getting right in the shower and ready for work, but I feel much more calm this way. Today I am following the plan pretty well, so far so good.

I don't miss the coffee, I loved the green smoothie, I just should have brought more food to work.
This discussion has been closed.