Ground turkey ideas

Options
I want to do something different with this turkey for lunch but I dont know what. I know I dont want just a plain patty or any kind of italian type dish. Anyone got a recipe?

Replies

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Find a recipe for Chicken Pot Stickers and substitute Turkey for the protein. I make a large batch, cook about a dozen and then freeze the rest for a later date.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Chili.

Ground turkey
    Peppers
    Tomato
    Onion
    Spices
    Beans (if you like beans)

Use as much or as little of the above.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Bolognese Sauce:

1 lb Ground Turkey thigh
    Fine Diced zucchini (2 c) , mushrooms (2 c), onions(1 c), carrot (1 c)
    1/2 c Tomato paste
    1 c Beef stock
    2 T heavy cream

Sautee ground turkey until pink is gone, remove from pan. In the juice/fat from the turkey, sautee the onions and mushrooms until they start to get golden, then add the zucchini and carrots. Stir well, lower heat to medium, cover pan and allow to sweat for about 5 minutes. Once carrot and zucchini are soft, add back the turkey, the tomato paste and the beef stock. Stir together and let simmer for another 5 minutes. Add the cream and stir well.

Can be served over pasta or spaghetti squash. Freezes well.
  • teresa77447
    Options
    I already started that meatloaf but all those others sound really good too. I could have made the last two but the wontons I could not sinceI dont have the wrappers in the fridge. Always next time!
  • teresa77447
    Options
    Meatloaf came out really good though I made some adjustments to make it less calories/carbs. I used the hunts meatloaf sauce in place of the ketchup. I used 10 grams puffed wheat cereal toasted a little then ground up in place of the breadcrumbs, no onion so didn't use the oil. And a little less than 1 egg since it was not a full pound of meat. Topped it with 2 tbs spicy ketchup. I really likes this recipe. Its a keeper.
  • julianadelbosque
    Options
    I'm a fan of turkey burgers. I put in two tablespoons of barbecue sauce, spices, and some cheese. Divide into 4 patties, cook one now and freeze the rest for later! With 20 oz of meat plus my add ins, it's 250 calories per patty.
  • kenyonl85
    kenyonl85 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Tacos...and so many options. Use anywhere that you would normally use ground beef.
  • paulasuscas01
    paulasuscas01 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I recently bought ground turkey to cut back on my beef intake. I've substituted the turkey for beef in my normal recipes and it has turned out great. I've put it in chili (just find your favorite recipe) and also a spaghetti sauce. If my boyfriend can eat these things and not miss the beef, then it's a success for me!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    My friend makes an awesome dip with ground turkey -- fry it up with taco seasoning, layer it with pepperjack cheese, black/red beans, and olives. The way she makes it is not particularly low-cal (lots of olive oil, LOTS of cheese, tons of sour cream on top) but it would be easy enough to play around with.
  • gottabekd
    gottabekd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Cabbage rolls!

Cook rice
    mix with ground turkey
    add spices as you like (salt, pepper, garlic are my go-to's).

boil a head of lettuce, wrap rice/turkey mixture in

top with sauce of your liking. I like roasted tomato sauce or roasted red pepper.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I often mix ground turkey meat with salsa, onions and garlic and then use it all week for taco salads, stuffed peppers, taco pizza (on whole grain tortilla or portabello mushrooms), nachos using whole grain chips and stuffed zucchini boats.