Scale Going Down, Clothes Not

Options
2»

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    That is how I started with about 15 pounds off, then it completely reversed. I actually dropped a few sizes in my waste without dropping but another couple pounds. I have even gained some pounds back but my waist is still doing decent.
  • HippieChickadee
    Options
    I noticed my clothes being looser at 18 pounds and not a pound before.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 55 lbs and I'm only down 2 sizes. Where you carry your weight and you're height matters when it comes to clothes sizes changing
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    That's funny, my scale hasn't moved but I have had to buy all new clothes, bras, under ware, the whole 9. I was upset about the scale not moving, now not so much :)
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I've lost over 55 lbs and I'm only down 2 sizes. Where you carry your weight and you're height matters when it comes to clothes sizes changing
    I'm in the same boat! Was wearing a 26W and only down 22W at 59lbs lost.
    I read how some people lose 20 pounds and drop three, four and sometimes more dress sizes.
    I will admit needing to do more strength, just got some bands to help because I can't afford a gym or equipment (out of a job and very limited funds). I keep going because my goal is to get out of the 20's one day. My goal is a size 10.
  • wozkaa
    wozkaa Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" ish (175cm) tall and am with the OP. I've lost 16lb and it's barely noticeable.

I think as someone else mentioned, maybe your older clothes may have stretched with you - I think that's what happened to me!
    I also seem to lose from the head down, and always the lower tummy last. This time I have a destroyed tummy from carrying twins, so the way things fit has changed too.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I don't think this was mentioned so it.

In my case my clothing was all stretched near the breaking point. If you've stretched your clothing it may be as much as a 1/2 or more bigger than what it was when purchased.

I started at 278 and it was like a good 40lbs before i noticed the weight loss. Soon after i started blowing through sizes quickly.

It may be you just need to hit that *point*
  • culo97
    culo97 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your shrinking experience folks. I was wondering when my clothes would start feeling noticeably loose. Now I know it may be a while.

My goal is to make it to the "blowing through sizes" stage. That would be a nice change.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you have taken regular photos of your body then you would recognize the changes.