Introduce yourself

Options
Hi. I am a new comer, not to mention confused by all this. I put in my information and myfitnesspal.com provided suggested protocol.

I was put on a 1200/day calorie intake. My problem - I eat 1200-1300 calories per day. I work out 40 mins 5 days a week and add strength training 4 times per week for 30 mins.

I am burning between 471 to 551 calories per day. Should I be eating more? Will this make me gain instead of lose?

Replies

• daisyf123
    daisyf123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I hope someone sees this and replies
  • Sobeone
    Sobeone Posts: 72
    Options
    You should eat your exercise calories back. Not all but like 50 to 75% exspecially when you are only eating 1200 daily.
  • cruisinskier
    cruisinskier Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi Daisy and welcome! The MFP calculations would be before any exercise calories. You should still be able to achieve your goals if you eat back your exercise calories but not everyone does. Not sure how long you have been doing this routine to see what your results have been so far. If you do not eat enough your body will start to store energy and it will actually be harder to lose. There are numerous threads on here that address this issue if you do a search.

If you are looking for friends to assist and support I would be glad to help, just send me a friend request. Best of luck to you on this journey!
  • munchie3511
    munchie3511 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! In my opinion, I think your calorie intake is too low especially that it sounds like you workout quite a bit. Depending upon your goal, losing weight or getting lean, I think you should eat back your calories. It might not be all of it, as long as you don't deprive yourself of what your body needs in order to keep your metabolism going. Goodluck in your journey!
  • daisyf123
    daisyf123 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I will send you a friend request.