Two Weeks Post-Partum

Options
ChromaHex
ChromaHex Posts: 2
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1385347_439224329530908_1205290619_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1391809_439224442864230_1628968631_n.jpg

So I had a baby two weeks ago, and I'm finally ready to get control of my body and get the life that I want.

I've started doing walking but I just had a C-Section two weeks ago,so I can't do heavy exercises yet.

I'm ready to start a new diet for life, not just a temporary fad thing.

Any advice on where to start?

Replies

• munchie3511
    munchie3511 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello...Just like you, I also had a c-section, 9 years ago. As I recall, I went back into exercising as soon as I got the go signal from my doctor. Walking is definitely a good start.....I was active during pregnancy right up to the day that I had to deliver my baby so I didn't really have a hard time getting back into workout, but I recall walking/running in the treadmill as soon as my body was ready. That really helped me a lot physically & emotionally. No matter what you do, take it slow and steady...You will get there...it takes time...Feel free to add me so we can support each other in our journey. Goodluck!
  • ChromaHex
    Options
    Thanks! I definitely love walking. I popped a stitch last week because I went on a two mile walk at 8 days PP. My doctor was pretty upset! Lol.

I do want to make good eating and exercise choices but really I'm so overwhelmed at this point. I've heard such good things about MFP but I'm nervous about finding a good workout regimen to suit my needs.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I didn't do anything for the first six weeks and I had a natural delivery. After my six week checkup with my doc, he gave me the go ahead. I think you're supposed to wait 8 week because of your c-section. There is plenty of time to get into shape - take this time to heal and look after your baby and get some rest!
  • runningvegan
    Options
    Focus on nutrition at this point, and wait until your body is healed before starting an exercise program. Don't most doctors suggest waiting 6-12 weeks with c-sections?
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I definitely agree with the last two posts. I had my second baby in January and I waited a full 6 weeks (natural delivery with a small episiotomy) until I did any physical exercise. I focused mainly on nutrition in that time frame mostly due to the fact that I was nursing. And of course taking care of my baby :)
This discussion has been closed.