Meal Management

Options
I'm looking for help with creating a simple meal plan for a very picky eater, plus addicted to sugar. I have been working out for about a month, scale has only moved 5 pounds. I know my challenge is the food i consume. So this is my new challenge to incorporate into my new healthier lifestyle. I appreciate any suggestions...

Thanks

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    With only 30 to lose, 5lbs in a month is awesome. Congrats. Took me almost 2 years to lose 45 pounds! LOL

That's great about the working out, but I do, in all honestly, believe getting into a healthy diet habit helps boatloads more than exercise.

Meals for picky eaters, huh? I can recommend www.skinnytaste.com for great, healthy, easy recipes. You'll have to slowly wean yourself off sugar. Make small changes (for example, I had a 2-3 can a day of soda habit when I first started. When I had a grasp on no soda I moved on to other things like making more meals at home from fresh ingredients, cutting out the processed stuff and less eating out).

I believe the slow, learning, baby step approach to this is the best. You jump in with all excitement and exhuberance, you lose speed and quit.

Good luck, hon. I hope soon you aren't a picky eater and you learn to love things you never though possible, a lot like I have over the last 3 years!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for help with creating a simple meal plan for a very picky eater, plus addicted to sugar. I have been working out for about a month, scale has only moved 5 pounds. I know my challenge is the food i consume. So this is my new challenge to incorporate into my new healthier lifestyle. I appreciate any suggestions...

Thanks

Five pounds in a month is 1.25 pounds a week, which is actually quite healthy.

You just have to take the foods you like and decide what to eat. It helps me to plan ahead. Nobody else can really do that for you, because you know what you like and don't like.

As for the sugar, I've been addicted to snacking before, which included a lot of sugar. I just made a commitment to myself to stop overloading on the sugar and just have a treat now and again. This has been working for me.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I used to be really picky, but I was never able to lose weight until I expanded my food options. If your picky habits cause you to make unhealthy choices, such as avoiding vegetables, experiment with new recipes to try new ingredients or things you don't think you like in different ways! Once I started cooking, I became much more interested in consuming a variety of foods!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Calories in/calories out. If you eat at a deficit you lose, doesn't much matter as far as weight loss what you eat.
  • phatgirl05
    Options
    Thanks you guys! I will take a look at skinny website for some meal ideals.