Options

Replies

• MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I love Men's Health! lol
  • ashleighk2010
    Options
    I love those eat this ----> not that books! People need to pay more attention to what they eat. But I have to say, the Uno's Pizzas are SO good. =]
  • azlady7
    azlady7 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Yeah I love their info too. But I gotta say that wendy's burger picture made me want to puke. its disgusting what other humans are willing to put in our bodies. And even more distrubing that we let them. Well not anymore for us, right?!
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    This one made me do a double-take:

PF Chang's Doube Pan-Fried Noodles Combo (served with beef, pork, chicken, and shrimp)
    1,820 calories
    84 g fat (8 g saturated, 3.5 g trans)
    7,692 mg sodium

Over SEVEN THOUSAND mg of sodium - are you kidding me??? That doesn't even sound good. I like PF Chang's, but I remember alwaying feeling a bit Yuck after leaving there - I'm sure all their dishes are on the high side for sodium, but this is just ridiculous. Why would a restaurant create a dish like this? Surely they can find an equally yummy way to make it without that much sodium? Good grief.
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    sad thing is they all looked good
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    You know whats funny is I never have gotten to eat at the cheesecake factory, I always wanted to. Seems they have some pretty bad for you foods. so now idk.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

PF Chang's Doube Pan-Fried Noodles Combo (served with beef, pork, chicken, and shrimp)
    1,820 calories
    7,692 mg sodium

Over SEVEN THOUSAND mg of sodium - are you kidding me??? That doesn't even sound good. I like PF Chang's, but I remember alwaying feeling a bit Yuck after leaving there - I'm sure all their dishes are on the high side for sodium, but this is just ridiculous. Why would a restaurant create a dish like this? Surely they can find an equally yummy way to make it without that much sodium? Good grief.

Well I think the first clue to this one being bad for you is in the name Double Pan Fried. Just those 3 words put together make my stomach turn and I am not the healthiest of eaters still allowing some fast food in my diet.
  • brirva
    brirva Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow! The "Baconator". That's a hardy sandwich. Very eye opening article. Thank you for that!
  • Aamilah
    Aamilah Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    THANX 4 SHARING THIS WEBSITE
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Nice eye opener. Thanks for posting.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I haven't ate there either...I guess good thing.....I love these eat this not this books....I carry one in my purse....Love it really saves me.
  • vonnegut2767
    Options

1,820 calories
    7,692 mg sodium

lol, no kidding!
    If you look on the same website, they have a list of the saltiest foods, and I believe #1 was also from that chinese food chain (I'm not familiar with it, I live in Canada) and it had over 10,000mg of sodium! That's over 10 grams! I immediately pulled out my trusty kitchen scale and measured out 10 grams of salt, I almost fell over.
  • dj_stevie_c
    Options
    And to think I always liked the UK version of Outback Steakhouse.

Guess I won't be making any more trips there (last time was 6 months ago to be fair :) )
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I used to eat the Baconator when I was pregnant. LOL le sigh...

It's amazing how much things have changed.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    "it’s a relatively healthy-sounding plate of shrimp pasta that wears the tainted crown,"

I think thats what sucks about going out to eat...ever... You could think your making a healthy choice, and then it totally screw you over. lol
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    "it’s a relatively healthy-sounding plate of shrimp pasta that wears the tainted crown,"

I think thats what sucks about going out to eat...ever... You could think your making a healthy choice, and then it totally screw you over. lol

Lol, definitely true.

A lot of people are sadly sucked into the salads, too. People really need to check the websites and look at the nutrition facts. Some salads are over 1,000 calories.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i think if you cook often enough for yourself, you can guesstimate how things are cooked on a menu. And asking a server at a restaurant how something is prepared is not being a pain.

and yeah, i worked at the cheesecake factory for years. very few things are good for you there but goddamn was it all good :)