30 day kick off idea

Options
I want to excercise and be clean eating for 30 days to kick off the process. Is there any suggestions for diet and or at home excersices?

Replies

• Under_Construction13
    Options
    Anyone have any good better eating ideas? Something I can really stick to.
  • mrshudson813
    mrshudson813 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I would like to know the answer to that question, also. I know I could stick to a program better and longer if I completely cut out sugar from my diet. I think my body is actually addicted to sugar. However, I can only go a day or two without eating something with refined sugars. If I had a plan that showed me exactly what to eat for all meals for 30 days, I might be able to stick to it and hopefully kick this sugar addiction.
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    moderation?
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    moderation?

Win. This.
  • Under_Construction13
    Options
    Just moderation of anything I eat?
    lunch at work is the hardiest, when I forget to bring lunch (which in the first place I dont think is very "lose weight" friendly)
    all there is, is fast food. I do google for ideas and search for menus about im not sure if im just picky or what.
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself at all. I am losing and eat a small bit of something "treat" like every day- or i feel deprived and on a diet. I'm not on a diet, I'm changing my habits.. so i'm all for small doses- everything in moderation. Things for a boost- Up your protein and water to keep you full, try not to go over on Sodium :)
    Exercise for beginners; Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. The website Fitness blender has some really good little works outs that fit in when busy. Also the C25k app is good for structure.
    Good luck
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation and don't expect the weight to just drop off over night.
  • errorist
    errorist Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    When I changed my eating, I followed a six week plan for the first 12 weeks. I believe it came out of Men's Fitness magazine. The plan I used was quite low carb - fewer than 25% of calories from carbohydrates. Here's a 12 week, 1800 kcal plan from their website which looks to be a little higher in carb cals to me. If you adopt it, you will need to adjust it up or down for your own calorie target - http://www.mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/fat-to-fit-diet-plan

Following my plan taught me and my partner some good new habits:

* As far as possible, plan your food for the week, and shop only what you need.
    * Don't take money out with you for extra food.
    * Prepare lunch and snacks for the next day when you get in from work.

By the end of that 12 weeks, I had developed some new ideas about what foods were filling and healthy, and I was able to follow my instinct and continue to lose weight at the same pace. I also have a few more of my calories from carbs now.

Of course you will need to eat more on days when you train. Good luck learning new habits!
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    Just moderation of anything I eat?
    lunch at work is the hardiest, when I forget to bring lunch (which in the first place I dont think is very "lose weight" friendly)
    all there is, is fast food. I do google for ideas and search for menus about im not sure if im just picky or what.
    I would say start there. Make yourself plan your day, every day for 30 days. It takes 20 days to become habit so you should have no problem after that.

I find it is so easier to say no to the treats that are always in the break room if i have something in the fridge. (i plan for breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack at work)
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    For recipes and meal ideas, check the Recipes forum here. It's packed with healthy ideas that will surely help you.
  • HealthyLinz
    Options
    I had a friend recommend Whole30 to me, I'm not sure if I can follow every rule, but she had great results, so I'm looking into modifying it a little and seeing how I do.
  • redhearted
    Options
    Log every bite you take in and stay at your calorie limit, give or take 100 calories. You will lose weight. I think low glycemic index foods burn the best--low carbs, moderate fat and protein, veggies and no processed anything especially sugar and flour products. Good luck.
  • CassieFindley86
    CassieFindley86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I love your idea of a 30 day kick off....I want to join =) for me this will include:

*clean eating (basically South Beach Diet-low carb, lots of protein, no sugar-except natural sugar in dairy and vegetables

*exercising 6 days a week-strength training 4 of those days, cardio/hiit the other two

*riding my stationary bike during tv watching-nothing crazy, just a simple way to be more active

*making an effort to take more steps every day-I have the bodymedia and love it so far!

Friend me if you want to take this challenge together =)
  • Under_Construction13
    Options
    I find logging everything too hard, having to figure out if the numbers are actually right and how many cups of what I ate. It's hard.

I want some type of diet to start my 30 days right but I'm not sure. I don't really want to totally cut things out of my diet but then again I know I need to make changes. I'm trying to do 6 days too.