Halloween Candy- Stash or trash?

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    What are you going to do for Halloween with all the lovely delicious evil candy? Save up enough calories, or just turn the other way? What's your absolute favorite Halloween Candy? (Snickers here!)

I don't buy evil candy, only the good stuff, like Reese's pumpkins.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    If I can keep from picking up the candy at a discount the next day like I always have, I think I will be okay.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I eat and track some, the rest go into work. I burn a few calories with trick or treating with my children so it gives me a little wiggle room. If I go over a little bit (because it is delicious) oh well. On night of splurging on halloween candy isn't going to make me fat, just like skipping it won't make me thin.
  • kangaroo33
    kangaroo33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I change my mind from year to year...sometimes I dig in, sometimes I avoid it...depends on the day, the mood, the stress, the moment....whatever I can use for an excuse or not. But I always log it if I have it...unfortunately. Darn journal!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Eat the left overs, a few pieces at a time! Then raid my kid's baskets for more :devil:

And there had better be some Cadbury's Cream Eggs in there, or I'm going to the store!

Cadburys Screme Eggs - I can't eat them the green fondant puts me off :sad:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah I'm eating candy. Reeses, butterfingers, peanut m&m's, snickers etc are all mine....my kid has the peanut allergy and my husband hates chocolate.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    None for me!
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Eat a piece of two max and trash the rest. The constant temptation will drive you insane.
  • likeabanner
    likeabanner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I usually eat it in moderation over MONTHS, or I bring it into my jobs and share it with my co-workers. My boyfriend isn't much of a candy person unless it's those Reese's peanut butter marshmallow things.

I love bottle caps, the colored/flavored and chocolate tootsie rolls, sour patch kids, and milky way dark.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Eat the left overs, a few pieces at a time! Then raid my kid's baskets for more :devil:

And there had better be some Cadbury's Cream Eggs in there, or I'm going to the store!

Cadburys Screme Eggs - I can't eat them the green fondant puts me off :sad:
    Eat them with your eyes closed. :tongue: They taste way better than they look. :bigsmile:
  • wjimenez10869
    Options
    Eat kit kats until I can't eat no more :love: the rest I'll bring to the office to remove the temptation :tongue:
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Stash.

We're having a Halloween sugar/junk fest this year. I just bought a big bag of Reeses miniatures earlier and a bag of fun size Snickers. My wife snagged the pumpkin ice cream and pumpkin croissants a few days ago. We'll be picking up some lemon-thyme-butter popcorn and another Halloween/Fall themed pastry.

We're going to watch a bunch of scary movies and I'll indulge till I can't anymore...and then indulge some more. I'll feel crappy, but oh well!

Then the next day I'll stash the left overs. Somebody will eat them eventually, or I will the next time I decide to have an indulge day.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE 1000 grands!!!!!! However... for some reason I can't find them in the stores anymore!!!! :sad: So no.. unless I see those in my kids bags, I won't be eating any.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'll probably devour them all in one day. "Get it out of the way" kinda thing. Huge fan of fruity chew candies like skittles/ starbursts/ gushers / fruit roll ups and can eat boxes of them.
  • JuantonBliss
    JuantonBliss Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Trash. My mom bought a bag of snickers and I've eaten three of them today :I lol I don't like keeping sweets in the house cause I'll binge.
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm surprised nobody said this first, but, we donate ours to my kids dentist, who then sends it to the wonderful troops overseas. I'm proud of my kids for doing it, they're only 4,3,1. I explain to them that there are wonderful men and women who'll get to enjoy it and my kids are happy to hear that :)
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I never met a candy I didn't like :o) So, for that reason, all the candy we're handing out is still in sealed bags locked in my cellar. Will not be broke out until the doorbell starts ringing. And we'd better have trick-or-treaters until it's all gone!!! As for what my kids bring home, I hope to summon the willpower to keep my hands off. Once I start, it's hard for me to stop!
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I will avoid it this year. I have had enough candy, I know what it tastes like and that is part of what made me fat. I can certainly forgo it until I meet my personal weight loss goals, and then I might avoid it after that too.
  • wjimenez10869
    Options
    Honestly, I'm surprised nobody said this first, but, we donate ours to my kids dentist, who then sends it to the wonderful troops overseas. I'm proud of my kids for doing it, they're only 4,3,1. I explain to them that there are wonderful men and women who'll get to enjoy it and my kids are happy to hear that :)
    Great idea :smile:
  • mforsis
    mforsis Posts: 41
    Options
    I still have Halowe'en candy in the freezer from last year. Feeling pretty smug actually. Maybe that's a NSV?