Near GW lack of "real world" support?

Options
My main goal is body compostion, and I was doing quite well at it at one stage, but recently I have had more contact with family and friends, which is great... but for the fact that I get a lot of (to put it simply) "you're not fat so you should eat cake/fast food/drink/eateateat" etc. In short, my real world support group is a bit poo :( So if anyone else is in a similar situation please add me! or anyone who is already maintaining because that's just as hard! x

Replies

• IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Explain to them that you're going to be a PT, and it's good for marketing that you look significantly better than them.

You understand that they have been studying hard in health, exercise, nutrition and anatomy, but you have come to a different conclusion on what is optimum for you.
    It's no disrespect to their qualifications or profession.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! The support I get is from my MFP ring so feel free to add me and we can support each other! :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Buffedncut
    Options
    nobody bothers me , but at the same time i dont go saying "LOOK GUYS, IM A BODYBUILDER" . no. no and just no. i keep that to myself. i do my workout routine and i eat what i want, regardless of what people might say.

rephrase. eating what i want does not = **** food :) just merely saying, if im going to live off a can of tuna per day for a few weeks to shred fat. so be it. i could care less what anyone else thinks.

wheeew. now thats out of the way ;)
  • CharlieSmurfetteFarley
    Options
    @Ironsmasher this is pretty much what I have tried to say, but I think the above post sums it up in that, maybe it isn't what you say, it's how you say it. People are finally understanding that going out and getting smashed every weekend conflicts with my lifestyle because I've said repeatedly and with meaning. But when it comes to what I eat I just seem to go "yes Mum, you know best", maybe because you come across it more. I'm going to think of it like training a dog, repetition, repetition, repetition and it's a pain in the bum for quite a while until the dog just gets it and all that hard work in the early days makes your life so much easier once Fido gets the idea that you don't like your socks being chewed and a poopy carpet :)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Just like dog training, don't engage, negotiate or reason with it. Just keep going until they learn.