Hard time eating 1,200

Options
2»

Replies

• recovery114
    Options
    If you're looking for good protein sources that are veggie I recommend FAGE 0% greek yogurt or Chobani.
    I get about 10 170g tubs of Fage every week and ALWAYS use them. In one 170g pot there is 97 calories, 4g carbs/sugars and 18g of protein!! It tastes great too :)
    Anyway 1200 is quite low, thats what it gave me and I custom set mine to 1440 which is much easier. I have a binge eating disorder and 1200 would make me binge every week.
  • lastfingtime
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I've decided to ignore mfp suggestion and manually up my calories to 1,400. 1,200 really just isnt working for me. As for the questions about settings I had it set at moderatly active and my goal was to lose 1 pound a week. I realize at 1,400 calories i'll lose slower but that is fine with me as long as it is working!! As far as excersze I usually do yoga 3-4 times a week for 1 and 1/2 hrs, but acording to mfp that only burns about 160 calories, so its really not a calorie-significant excersize. I do it more for the mental benefits.
  • rachael1805
    rachael1805 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I also started on 1,200, thinking mfp advice was accurate and calculated and educated. I dropped water weight fast, but was ravenous, angry, dehydrated, tired and 'fluey'. It was ****e.

After lots and lots of reading I used scooby calculator to work out my TDEE (google it)- and now eat TDEE-20%. It's ALOT more than 1,200, but I also came to the quick realisation that eating isn't failure, that 'dieting' shouldn't be punishment and that this is something I need to sustain forever- I'm not going to sustain 1,200 forever, that's for sure.

Also, I looked at my macros and protein- I was also vegetarian, but have since started reintroducing some fish back into my diet- protein shakess, zero fat chobani greek yoghurt, eggs and quinoa are things I eat EVERY day- eating protein satisfies me and I find I eat less and more healthily over all.

Don't do your body an injustice by eating 1,200. Eat more, exercise, lift heavier, build muscle, burn fat!
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    It looks like this person gave up, the account is now showing as deactivated.
  • charycedm1
    charycedm1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I really like to eat. The more I exercise the more I can eat. If you eat healthy food such as fruits and vegetables you can almost eat so much you will pop and not worry about it.
    See, I know this but I too enjoy the burgers and fries and pizza. I am just getting started but it is gonna be worth it to feel good and I can still have goodies within reason but stick with good choices the majority of the time.
  • pittsjg
    pittsjg Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    On my low cal days, I set the goal of hitting bodyweight in protein (very filling), starting mainly with protein source and vegetable (2 cups of spinach is only 20 cal). After imputing that and calculating, plus exercise there is always leftover calories. Use the leftover for fun stuff, and take a multi vitamin in case I missed anything. For instance a chicken breast is approx 200 cals, this means you could eat five plus a salad with each meal (without adding in earned exercise calories). That is probably way more then you want to eat, so lets say 3 meals with a protein vegetable base, approx. 700 calories, leaving 500 to play with (without exercise added). When on a low cal day, watch out for fruit, bread, and high fat, it will zap your calories without being very filling. That being said, I recently had a philly cheese steak on a low cal day, Just make it fit. Dieting doesn't have to be miserable. That works for me, maybe it will help you. Best of luck reaching your goals
  • angbeth76
    Options
    I've been trying to eat 1200 calories for 2 weeks. I end up at 1400-1600calories. Haven't lost a lb.
  • cptrbrown
    Options
    Pack your meals with protein. Protein is what fills you up. There are a lot of vegetarian protein alternatives. Try finding a vegetarian fitness group on Facebook or something for great ideas and motivation. I started using Herbalife back in May and have had great success with it. And now that my stomach is smaller, it's easier to not over eat and my food selections are healthier because ice learned about better nutrition along the way.

When you go over on calories, use that as motivation to up your activity. Get a pedometer so you can track all of your activity and log it. You'd be surprised at how much you burn with just regular walking around (to the printer at work, the bathroom, etc). We don't log that type of activity and so we forget about it. I just got a Fitbit and was surprised how much I burn just by living. Lol

You're off to a great start by posting here and asking questions. You can do it, stay confident in yourself!