Good Dinner Ideas

Options
Good Afternoon!
I am looking for healthy dinner recipes that are also delicious.
My husband is very supportive of my goals but he is also not dieting, so I want to give him yummy and nutritious meals to eat.
I know we could each have something different, but I like cooking and eating together.
Thanks in advance!
Ashley

Replies

• ellend17
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm in the same boat, trying to lose weight whilst cooking for a boyfriend who can eat what he wants without putting on any weight!
    We always eat together so here are just a few things we have:
    - chicken fajitas
    - baked bean lasagne
    - regular lasagne, i just googled healthier recipes to cut down on the calories.
    - chicken wrapped in bacon with cheese
    - chicken with a mayo and cheese topping
    - homemade slow cooker chilli and rice
    - homemade spaghetti bolognese (although i'm not a spaghetti fan so i have the bolognese with homemade oven baked potato wedges)
    - breaded fish
    - homemade risotto (chicken, mushroom and celery has been the favourite so far)

All of the above we have with salad and homemade potato wedges or lots of veggies.

Hope that helps a little! :smile:
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has amazing recipes that don't taste like diet food. Her chicken parm and her chicken cordon bleu are among my non-dieting husband's favorite meals!
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Steak! Proper man food :)
  • Disciplined74
    Disciplined74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hobo packs.

Cut up all your favorite veggies. I use squash, onion, peppers, sweet potatoes (this is the only way I'll eat them), green beans, etc. Everything you can think of or that you like. Then I put in some meat, I use ground turkey. You can use chicken, ground chicken, beef, steak, whatever meat you want. Put in aluminum foil, seal up the sides, and bake it in the oven til the veggies are the desired tenderness.

It's my favorite way to get my veggies in.

These make good freezer meals too. I usually make up at least 4 at a time (that's one pound roll of ground turkey if each pack gets 4 oz.) but sometimes make up more depending on if I have veggies that need to get used.

I love your thread. It was a great idea!!