Does your belly piercing bother you when working out?

Options
DymonNdaRgh40
DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
I ask because the first one I got actually went through the skin and fell out. I never took that one out and I always wore pants and skirts over it. I got a new one a few months back because I love the way it looks. So because of what happened with the first one I'm worried about the same thing happening. It only irritates me when I'm on the leg press or doing ab leg raises and only a little. It's not fully healed so I worry about taking it out.

Thoughts ladies?

Replies

• TheBackStory
    Options
    Are you wearing a loop? I would say just tape it down.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I know mine does! I regret ever getting the thing!
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    oh gross just kill this thread bleh belly button piercings skeeve me out :sick:
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    oh gross just kill this thread bleh belly button piercings skeeve me out :sick:

I liked mine the first day I got it. Whoo hoo, turned 18 and said F you ma... Later that day it was almost ripped out by that same person I was saying F you to....

I still have a not so noticeable hole, but the belly button piercing idea was quite juvenile on my part.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    No, it never bothers me.

I would say the main reason you should take care right now is because it's not fully healed. I've probably knocked that area several times before but I don't notice it. because I've had it years and it healed a long long time ago. If it was new, those little knocks and stuff might hurt like hell.

If you're unsure, how about getting one of those padded coverings for it while you workout? When I first got it pierced I had to wear that for the whole day because I was out and about afterwards. It might be useful in this sort of situation. Also, if it does bother you on a certain exercise even with that, maybe take a step back from that particular one for a while until it's fully healed. If I remember correctly, while you can change it after 6 weeks, it can take up to 6 months to fully heal.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    LOL....@ the other comments.

Thanks, I will have to try this out.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    No, but I've had mine for 15 years.
  • Paulatrueman
    Paulatrueman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since I was 19 years old, mine doesn't bother me at all
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Once its healed it wont bother you and I have 2 of em
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    It bothered me to work out for about a week after I got it, now I don't notice it
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am having a genital piercing for my 40 the birthday....I hope it won't stop me from working out lol
  • donthesitate
    Options
    I am having a genital piercing for my 40 the birthday....I hope it won't stop me from working out lol

I promise you it wont :)
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

It might make it more interesting ;)
  • donthesitate
    Options

It might make it more interesting ;)

Well of course, but it does not hinder activity ;)
  • dngrs2003
    Options
    I don't even notice it. I wouldn't take it out. Belly piercings close quickly.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for several years and it's never bothered me. I don't even notice it's there.
  • warcraftWidow
    warcraftWidow Posts: 5 Member
    Options

They heal the fastest of any piercings. At least the ones usually done to women. It will be completely healed in a week or two and in reality probably won't hurt at all after the first couple of days.
  • DiaryofaMadFatMan
    DiaryofaMadFatMan Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    No, but my belly bothers me when I work out. :laugh:
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for 11 years and it doesn't bother me at all, I don't even notice it's there. I also wouldn't recommend taking it out if you don't want to risk having issues down the line. I agree with the other poster who mentioned maybe taking it easy on the exercises that seem to bother it for the time being and allow it to heal properly. Good luck! Hopefully it stops bothering you soon!
  • hannamarie88
    hannamarie88 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since I was 17 (so, for eight years) and I honestly forget it is there sometimes. Definitely doesn't bother me when working out. Only bothers me when I wear jeans sometimes that are higher waisted and it catches on them. It's just a part of me at this point.

Edit: I will note that mine took MONTHS to heal -- I had to treat it multiple times a day to keep it from getting infected. My body just doesn't heal very well from piercings. Ah. The things we do to ourselves...