Drinking More Water

Options
Does anyone have tips on how to get oneself to drink more water? thanks!

Replies

• ElaineBeekman
    ElaineBeekman Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have those dishwasher safe 24 oz cups (they look like to-go cups, you can get them at Wal-Mart/drugstore, etc). I fill two with ice then water each morning. I drink the water out of one on my way to work (40 minute commute), then take one in with me, drink it during the day (because of all the ice it pretty much stays cold all day), and by the time I get back to my car at the end of the day, the ice in the other has melted into cold water that I drink on my way home. I am a teacher and don't leave school for lunch and this way I get 48oz in by about 4 pm every day.
  • MadMadamMirm
    MadMadamMirm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    very smart- thank you!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Leave an 8 ounce glass in your kitchen. Every time you go in there for something, drink a glass.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    forget the water
    drink more booze!
  • Mugster111
    Mugster111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've found that when I carry a large water bottle with me all the time I can easily finish a liter in a day. It's all about the absentminded sipping throughout the day. I like a liter nalgene because I can tell how much I've had so far.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am so picky about water. I have been using larger cups and adding flavor to it, kinda like the Mio but I get the cheaper store brand. I drink sooo much more that way and if you find the right ones they are super low calorie, a lot better than soda anyway!!