I'm stuck-Help?

Options
I've been eating 1700 calories a day tops since I started. Most of the time I was fairly under that goal. Anyways, after two weeks I've lost 5 and a half pounds but the past week I haven't really lost anymore. What would you suggest? Should I lower my calorie intake more?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You won't lose every week. Plus, your weight can fluctuate by 5 lbs in a day due to a number of factors. Initially, you lose a lot of water weight due to going through your glycogen stores while eating at a deficit, so you lose a lot of weight fairly quickly. It usually levels off after a week or two, and often stalls as rebounding water offsets fat loss. Keep doing what you're doing. It just takes time. Unless you've been stalled for at least a month, I wouldn't worry about it.
  • cactusyogi
    Options
    Alright! ^-^ Thank you very much!
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The first weight loss may have just been a side effect to the shock you put on your body by eating healthier, exercising, and counting calories. You always lose quickly in the beginning then as your body adjust the loss is slower but will stay off longer.

Weighing in once a week is a lot of pressure as our bodies fluctuate a lot do to many different reasons like water retention etc.

I would change to weighing in once a month and concentrate more on being consistent with your eating and exercise. That is what I did and now this whole process seems a lot more fun with a lot less pressure. :D
  • CEMH1
    CEMH1 Posts: 33
    Options
    Totally agree with this advice! Drop the pressure and up the time and effort into continuing your healthy lifestyle. In the end it will show.
  • ranchmimi
    ranchmimi Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    All the above advice is spot on! Perseverance is the key - even when there appears to be a plateau. Stick with your plan and you'll see results!
  • DCHandsDown
    Options
    Exactly! When I go back and look at my weight loss you can see all the ups and downs. So many things factor in, especially with us women!! My advice from my own experience is when you feel like you are on point with your calorie goals and you aren't seeing results, work on your fitness goals. I started walking at the park gradually from 1 mile to 7 mile. I used the Nike running app, even though I walk. It makes you feel really good when you challenge yourself and see yourself improving.