My First 5k!

Options
I did my first 5k this weekend ever! I did Baltimore Running Festival. My time wasn't the best...(35:52) but I am so proud of myself for finishing. I cried when I crossed the finish line. I didn't ever think something like this was possible.
What an amazing feeling to know that I did it!
I cannot wait till spring to do more of them!
Just thought I would share.
BTW Today I am going to jog/walk (I do intervals run two minutes walk a minute) after work another 3 miles...I want to do the UA Baltimore half marathon this time next year!

Replies

• groucherella
    Options
    Way to go! I bet it's amazing feeling!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    For your first 5k, that's great!! My first one was 44min, GREAT JOB!
  • emersoam
    emersoam Posts: 179
    Options
    Great job! I started running 2 years ago and started doing my first races this summer. I did four 5Ks, two 10Ks, and even one duathalon! Watch out! If you keep doing them, you're going to get addicted. I am.
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Congratulations!!: drinker:
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Great job, I am doing my first on 11/6, I am excited!
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    Options
    that is so awesome! i did my first 5 km two years ago and loved it so much, that i did it again this summer. it is such an amazing feeling!!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I just started the Couch to 5K on Saturday.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Be proud!!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Oops - Double Post (Sorry)
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    My first scheduled for 11/13 - I cant wait. Good Job on yours!
  • leslieheb
    leslieheb Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good job.. take each time as accomplishment and now work to decrease your time and work towards that marathon..
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Great job! I'm sorry I didn't see you there! I volunteered at the TNT water stop...mile 25 of the marathon. Keep up the great work and lets do a run together sometime!
    Risa
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    THanks everyone!
    WHat a feeling! I can't wait to do my first 1/2 marathon!!!!!!!!!! I hate that the weather is turning cold :(
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Jenn I am so proud of you!!!! We started this journey of a healthier life on the same day but you are much braver than I am. I haven't built up the nerve to do a 5k yet.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first one this weekend and expecting to do it in 44 minutes. You did amazing! I am so jealous of you!

Feel free to move to San Diego, you can do runs all year round. We may not have seasons plural, but we have one really great season. :)
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Congratulations! That is absolutely wonderful! I have been really wanting to get into doing an occasional 5K. I just drove the route for our local turkey trot, I was really thinking of trying it until I drove the course. There were a lot of hills and I have not had any real experience running up hills, I just don't think I should try it without some real practice. Anyway, I think your time is fantastic, especially for your first 5K. Good luck with your future races!
  • coastalstorm25
    Options
    That's awesome..keep it up!
    I did my first 5K two weeks ago..I came in at 27:35
    I am hoping to do a couple more really soon..maybe a 10k next year
    You will get addicted...good luck :)
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great job, I did my first 5k in May and was addicted. Good luck and have fun!
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    Awesome job! I ran my first 5K a year ago August & have done 2 half -marathons since - it is such an addiction!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!